1. It would suck if your balls were to freeze over.
  2. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01It would suck if your balls were to freeze over.

Hahaha... indeed it would.

Anywho....
  3. What model of Washburn did Edge have on the JT tour? Also, what year was Bonos main guitar on afforementioned tour?
  4. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01What model of Washburn did Edge have on the JT tour? Also, what year was Bonos main guitar on afforementioned tour?

Edge's Joshua Tree Washburn was a EA40 Woodstock Festival Acoustic. Tobacco finish. For the most part, the Washburn was only used for Party Girl. It was also used for "Seconds" during the War and UF tours. And for "Stay" and some of the acoustic set songs on some of the Zoo dates.

(LA Coliseum in 1987)

Bono used a few different guitars during The Joshua Tree. That was the tour that he went beyond "A Day Without Me" and actually played [at times held a guitar] on a handful of songs He used a Danvel Nelson Telecaster style guitar, Fender Telecaster Custom, red Gibson ES 335, Washburn Woodstock Festival acoustic (with or without you video), Alvarez/Yairi DY56 (electric/acoustic) in tobacco sunburst (seen in youtube link below, from Paris)

5. Here's a sweet piccy of Adam playing his natural finish Lakland "Darryl Jones" model bass during the 2nd leg o' the Vertigo tour.

Close up of Adam playing. You can see the Herdim guitar pick in Adam's pick guard, for the songs that he does use a plectrum.

While Adam does have two natural finish Darryl Jones models... juding by the grain of the wood - both pictures above are of the same bass.
  6. elevation ,what pedal?
  7. Originally posted by Macphistflyelevation ,what pedal?

Per Dallas, Edge uses 3-4 sounds per song. Each of those 'sounds' is actually a grouping of effects. There may be an intro sound, verse sound, chorus sound, bridge or solo sound and or maybe even an outro sound. Again, each of those might have similar effect with different settings to completely different effects and settings.

That said...

"Elevation" the song? Per page 105 of the January 2001 edition of Guitar Player magazine:

GP: "Elevation" has some amazing distortion tones.
    EDGE: "I used a Gibson SG through an old fuzz pedal of Daniel's (Kay Fuzz) into a Bassman (amp). He (Daniel) said what do you think of this? "Within ten minutes, I had the riff that became the stepping off point for "Elevation".

Important note:
    Live, Edge uses what is referred to as the "Rab Fuzz". Which is that U2 crew member Rab Macallister too the guts of a Kay Fuzz and installed them into a wah pedal housing. Et voila "Elevation". Why the change? The Kay fuzz was in a plastic housing and would probably not stand up to touring needs.

GP: "What is the massive wah-wah at the end of "Elevation".
    EDGE: "That's us filtering the tone after the fact with an Electrix Filter Factory.
  8. Speaking of "Elevation"... Here's my FAVORITE picture I got of Edge playing this... I took this one at the November 2, 2005 Los Angeles show. We were inside the ellipse and parked right in front of our 'guitar hero'

Speaking of Guitar Hero, shouldn't the game owe Edge residuals on the name "Guitar Hero"? (Kidding)

9. I'd complain about the quality, but takeing good pictures that close to a stage is hard. It actually looks pretty cool like that.
  10. What was "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" played on.
  11. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01I'd complain about the quality, but takeing good pictures that close to a stage is hard. It actually looks pretty cool like that.

I got bumped! But I liked that this one looked 'artistic'. Many of my up close shots came out great.
  12. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01What was "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" played on.

The recording? I am uncertain. He's 'miming' the video with his Yamaha AE2000