1. Any one know how to replicate the MW sound? I heard it was a Korg A3 or something like that? Is it other alternatives?

2. My theory: That guitar is a Fender "clone" done by Fernandez. The Edge had some involvement with Fender now. And sometime in the past there might even have been a lawsuit between both companies.

So why doesn't The Edge just use a Fender strat? Well, my guitarist nephew said that it's because Fernandez is the only company that makes a sustainer pickup which is basically a built-in ebow.

Today you can already buy the sustainer pickup separately and install it but The Edge has owned his Fernandez before that was invented so perhaps he is just a creature of habit or doesn't have to change things.

I think that sound of the Fernandez guitar sustainer pickup get prominent in the guitar parts of the verse "there is a silence that comes to our house".

Again, this is all a hypothesis and a theory on why The Edge taped it. This is all speculation at best.

Cheers,

J
  3. It's obviously due to him joining Fender's board, and Fender and Fernandes relationship is far from being good... The weird thing as you note is why doesn't he install the sustainer pickup in a proper Fender strat
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:Since a few weeks ago, Thomann is selling their B-stock through Ebay... Just a little heads up for you guys because there are true bargains going on there: http://www.ebay.es/sch/thomann_gmbh/m.html?item=401319812101&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

It took me a few lost bids but I just won this beauty (I call it A Poor Man's PaulReedSmith) for just under 110€:

[image]

It has minor visual defects which I don't give a damn about... So I'd say it's a very good deal

Spoiler (click to toggle)

Arrived. Lovely guitar, lovely guitar, lovely guitar. Great sound, fantastic versatility (the push-pull coil tap is from another world), incredible finish for such a low price guitar. When I bought it I was thinking of re-selling it if I didn't like it (Harley Bentons are usually hit and miss) but now I think it's here to stay

5. Hi does anyone know where I can order the herdim picks for the clicky u2 sound? They are nowhere to be found in the Netherlands Does someone here own them? And which size do you prefer? Greetings
  6. Originally posted by eladanelf:Hi does anyone know where I can order the herdim picks for the clicky u2 sound? They are nowhere to be found in the Netherlands Does someone here own them? And which size do you prefer? Greetings
    Hi Try eBay, that's where I got mine. The blue ones are the ones used by The Edge.
  7. Allright, I'll try! Thanks!
  8. I'm a drummer for over 10 years but started guitar last April. I love it. Much harder than drums, fir me at least. I played acoustic for the first year to build some strength and just got my first electric. Wow. It's a whole new world when you bring in effects lol. Can anyone recommend a decent multi effects box? I was looking at DigiTech RP360XP Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal. Thanks!