1. what's even more pathetic is using the manchester gig as a platform to promote his new single which had NOTHING to do with supporting eachother and standing together. no other artist did this, everyone picked songs fitting the occasion.

noel not being there only shows how far, far away he wants to be from his brother.
  2. Less about Manchester, all about Liam. No surprise there.
  3. How was he promoting his new single? He performed the only song he's released as a solo artist. Take That performed their most recent single, only that's three months old now so I guess that's ok. Rock n Roll Star wasn't exactly fitting of the occasion, but draws no criticism because it's old?

Liam just got up and sang it, he didn't say it was his new single or mention a new album. I'd hardly call it promotion myself.
  4. I'm saying calling out Noel was more about showing him up and was unnecessary. Nothing wrong with doing your new single.
  5. Yeah, that was unnecessary, no question. Liam performed in Germany and flew straight to Manchester after the gig to perform again. Up until the Twitter outburst, he was smelling of roses.
  6. To me, that was Liam saying "Look, I'm here. I care more. He doesn't care enough" Totally out of line with the purpose. Just play for the people. That's all they want. Positive vibes...

And for the record, this single might be the best thing he's done post Oasis. I wonder if he'll give credit to his (co) writer?

7. Originally posted by iTim:

Now that is complete class.

I'm just waiting for Liam to tee off on Coldplay now...
  8. Originally posted by iTim:

You can tell which brother Coldplay prefer. It was obvious when Liam and Chris shook hands it was more being civil than any kind of friendship, but at least they put on a good front for the crowd. I agree with a few of the comments really Liam did his bit and should just have left it at that, I think Noel maybe could have/should have shown up but I don't know his personal circumstances and I certainly wouldn't go to the levels of Liam to completely criticise the guy , I'm sure he cared as much if not more than all of us. Shame really that a twitter outburst is becoming a distraction for what was an exceptional gesture organised by a young woman who showed real class, maturity and exceptional professionalism keeping it together.
  9. Chris and Noel are good friends.
  10. Perfect timing so he doesn't remain unthanked for, but it's quite clear that Chris/the CP camp didn't like Liam's rant. They've shown real class there.