1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Let’s see it, I’m maybe being a bit harsh but I could certainly live without all bar maybe 15 songs at a push, I suppose I could stretch to 20 including some ok songs to make up 2 albums. Interested to see what you come up with though.
    I'll go chronologically....only use songs I really like....and admit that, if allowed, I'd scale back some of the BHN tunes:

Disc 1:
    D'You Know What I Mean?
    My Big Mouth
    Stand By Me
    I Hope, I Think, I Know
    Don't Go Away
    Go Let It Out
    Who Feels Love?
    Gas Panic
    Let's All Make Believe
    Roll It Over

Disc 2:
    Hindu Times
    Stop Crying Your Heart Out
    Little By Little
    Lyla
    Importance of Being Idle
    Guess God Thinks I'm Abel
    Who Put The Weight of the World...
    Shock of the Lightning
    Bag It Up
    The Turning

...might do some reshuffling of the songs for coherency (and start off with "Bushes") but, for me, all very good tunes.
  2. Originally posted by clover68:[..]
    i've just stood on the shoulder of giants to play the game 2 albums out of last 4 (considering only this millenium) and at the end i was thinking that's already a very good album by itself mate.
    Sunday Morning Call out - Lets' All Make Believe in -> a very very good album

I'd remove Little James instead.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:I should add that’s not me including masterplan which in itself is a great album and the songs on there are some of the best b sides you’ll find of any band.

Obviously.
  4. I'd only take I'm Outta Time from Dig Out Your Soul. I'd take more from the previous albums like Don't go Away, Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is, Born On A Different Cloud...
  5. I’m a bit boring with oasis later stuff and would probably go mainly singles (might all be singles in fact). Don’t know about order but I like

D’you know what I mean
    Stand by me
    All around the world
    The Shock Of Lightning
    I’m Outta Time
    Lyla
    The Importance Of being idle
    Let There Be Love
    The Hindu Times
    Little By Little
    Songbird
    Go Let It Out
    Sunday Morning Call

That’s only 14 and that’s really all I’m keen on from there later stuff. There’s a few I could add as fillers but that’s all they’d be, in fact songbird, let there be love and Sunday Morning Call are kinda fillers anyway.
  6. Originally posted by iTim:I'd only take I'm Outta Time from Dig Out Your Soul. I'd take more from the previous albums like Don't go Away, Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is, Born On A Different Cloud...
    No SotL???? I think that might be my favourite post 1990s tune by them.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:I’m a bit boring with oasis later stuff and would probably go mainly singles (might all be singles in fact). Don’t know about order but I like

D’you know what I mean
    Stand by me
    All around the world
    The Shock Of Lightning
    I’m Outta Time
    Lyla
    The Importance Of being idle
    Let There Be Love
    The Hindu Times
    Little By Little
    Songbird
    Go Let It Out
    Sunday Morning Call

That’s only 14 and that’s really all I’m keen on from there later stuff. There’s a few I could add as fillers but that’s all they’d be, in fact songbird, let there be love and Sunday Morning Call are kinda fillers anyway.
    I don't think you need any of the original albums for this. Just get "Time Flies."
  8. Yeah it’s not like me not liking album tracks but I don’t think Oasis album tracks from they albums are much to shout home about. I have got all the albums though and listened to them all quite a bit in the past but don’t feel the need to revisit them much. The early stuff is great though singles and album tracks.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah it’s not like me not liking album tracks but I don’t think Oasis album tracks from they albums are much to shout home about. I have got all the albums though and listened to them all quite a bit in the past but don’t feel the need to revisit them much. The early stuff is great though singles and album tracks.
    It really is incredible how much outstanding music the band made (well, Noel made and Liam sung) in the first couple of years - and I still say most of those b-sides on The Masterplan rank up their not only with the first two albums but with most other bands' best albums. I'm mean, you got:

Listen Up
    Fade Away
    It's Good To Be Free
    Half The World Away
    Acquiesce
    Headshrinker
    Talk Tonight
    Rockin' Chair
    Underneath The Sky
    The Masterplan
    Stay Young
    Going Nowhere

...all on the same album.
  10. Originally posted by iTim:I'd only take I'm Outta Time from Dig Out Your Soul. I'd take more from the previous albums like Don't go Away, Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is, Born On A Different Cloud...
    I struggle with the "non-singles" from Heathen Chemistry.
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    It really is incredible how much outstanding music the band made (well, Noel made and Liam sung) in the first couple of years - and I still say most of those b-sides on The Masterplan rank up their not only with the first two albums but with most other bands' best albums. I'm mean, you got:

Listen Up
    Fade Away
    It's Good To Be Free
    Half The World Away
    Acquiesce
    Headshrinker
    Talk Tonight
    Rockin' Chair
    Underneath The Sky
    The Masterplan
    Stay Young
    Going Nowhere

...all on the same album.
    Yeah I agree with you Masterplan really is another great oasis album.
  12. I do, however, wish they had included "Whatever" on it.

Not a b-side but still a non-album track that took me awhile to get a hold of.