1. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

the upgrades refer to bootlegs that have been sourced and include lineage, so technically not an upgrade. The version I have comes from the HAPPY NEW YEAR source so i'll dig that out some day and upload it.

As I said, we can just leave it here for those interested. No point uploading a proper recording to the site and ruining the point of upgrades for the site (lineage, taper, info files etc). I had the HNY source as well, but I ended up getting rid of it - I found the link I wrote ages ago in a text file. But it is not the iTunes version at all - otherwise it couldn't be uploaded here, right?

If it makes others happy, without lineage, then I guess that's good - one day we'll get a good one. However, if it was ever downloaded from a torrent and uploaded, I'd say this is the hash code (MD5, is what it is called, I'm not 100% sure). Seems to be the same file size, exact same songs etc.

7cefaddc0f6e8be3dd4f86de68ddd11041883b7c
  2. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]
    otherwise it couldn't be uploaded here, right?

If it makes others happy, without lineage, then I guess that's good.

not unknowingly. If only itunes did a lossless version it would be fantastic. I have the itunes verion as it was released and it does sound good, much cleaner. Ah well
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

not unknowingly. If only itunes did a lossless version it would be fantastic. I have the itunes verion as it was released and it does sound good, much cleaner. Ah well

I doubt iTunes will ever do a lossless version - lossy all the way for Apple.

And check this out: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47301&highlight=u2+point

Matrixes, catalogue, lineage, fingerprints...
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

the upgrades refer to bootlegs that have been sourced and include lineage, so technically not an upgrade. The version I have comes from the HAPPY NEW YEAR source so i'll dig that out some day and upload it.

Yep, I also have a HAPPY NEW YEAR rip in lossless and made my mp3 version from that source.

For not at home in the moment I'll have a look for the bitrate later, IIRC it is LAME 3.97 V1 (~210 kbps) or V0 (~230 kbps) encoded.

cu
    hodel_05
  5. Originally posted by hodel_05[..]

Yep, I also have a HAPPY NEW YEAR rip in lossless and made my mp3 version from that source.

For not at home in the moment I'll have a look for the bitrate later, IIRC it is LAME 3.97 V1 (~210 kbps) or V0 (~230 kbps) encoded.

cu
    hodel_05

or do a lossless upload if you wouldn't mind
  6. wow i like it but: i can't download it right now. can someone upload it via rapidshare?

and: are the covers included (the covers from propaganda)

7. Just niceee
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

or do a lossless upload if you wouldn't mind

Don't mind at all.

In 1-2 days I will upload an apple lossless (ipod ready) rip.

cu
    hodel_05
  9. HELP!

Where can I find a recording of the New years Eve concert 31-12-1989, The Point Depot?

This weekend I have listened after years to my double cd of this show, 20 years old, which is missing "40" and because of "heavy" use in the past, there where some scratches on several tracks.

Maybe some would like to share the Itunes recording?
  10. Maybe try "shows" section
  11. Yeah since the show has officially been released, or part of it, we can't show it on the shows pages. Therefore it's not allowed to share or ask for it either, sorry. There used to be a popup with this message on the show page but for some reason that has been gone now, I'll restore later.