1. To tell you the truth, I never get anxious before an album by my favorite bands, and I never look for any kind of information or clips or whatever....I hear it a couple of months after it is out, because usually the price gets batter after sometime. I am boring, I know.
  2. Originally posted by thechicken:To tell you the truth, I never get anxious before an album by my favorite bands, and I never look for any kind of information or clips or whatever....I hear it a couple of months after it is out, because usually the price gets batter after sometime. I am boring, I know.

Boring indeed.

Actually, in the US...new albums are usually cheapest during their first week of release, at least at larger retail stores. After a couple weeks, they aren't on sale anymore.
  3. Originally posted by haytrain:[..]

Boring indeed.

Actually, in the US...new albums are usually cheapest during their first week of release, at least at larger retail stores. After a couple weeks, they aren't on sale anymore.

You mean they completely vanish?

4. No, you can still get them....it's just that usually in the first week of release you pay about $10, where as a couple weeks later, they'll not be for sale at a reduced price anymore and you'll have to pay $14.
  5. Originally posted by haytrain:[..]

No, you can still get them....it's just that usually in the first week of release you pay about $10, where as a couple weeks later, they'll not be for sale at a reduced price anymore and you'll have to pay $14.

The price is about the same here, although they start at $14 and then when nobody wants them anymore they drop to $10, but not as a rule, sometimes they don't drop at all.
  6. Originally posted by thechicken:[..]

The price is about the same here, although they start at $14 and then when nobody wants them anymore they drop to $10, but not as a rule, sometimes they don't drop at all.

Interesting that it's completely backwards in our respective countries. To be honest, I understand how things are done down there. I don't understand how it's cheaper when it first comes out here. Oh well. I'll still buy it the morning it comes out.
  7. Originally posted by haytrain:[..]

Interesting that it's completely backwards in our respective countries. To be honest, I understand how things are done down there. I don't understand how it's cheaper when it first comes out here. Oh well. I'll still buy it the morning it comes out.

Well, because as it is new, people will feel inclined to buy it. If it is cheaper than the usual price, they will feel more inclined to buy, and a lot of people who wouldn't pay $14 buy it for $10. Both strategies are smart, but I think that cheaper first is better, because it will make people who don't really want to buy the album buy it because it is cheap. Anyway, who buys albums these days? Almost noone.
  8. I've downloaded the beach clips, but haven't listened to them. Only once the album comes out, will I listen
  9. Thanks for voting, this You Too is replaced for a new one.

Final result:

Will the new album be a complete surprise to you? (started 2008-08-17)

I try not to, but sometimes I can't stop myself getting information - 47.7%
    No, I try to get as much information as possible on the new album - 39.1%
    Yes, I don't hear or read anything before it hits the stores - 13.2%

Votes: 220