1. I am completely and totally addicted.

And you know what? I'm damn proud of it. I love U2. They are the greatest band in the world, and I don't see how being addicted to something as good as U2 is a bad thing.

However, some people get annoyed by the fact that I bring U2 up in every single conversation I have. Some are just amused, though. And some don't mind (that's rare).
  2. I don't do bootlegs anymore, but listen to officail stuff most of the time and I regulary check this site. maybe this will decrease even more when I go off to Uni. U2 does and still will play part in my life and i can never leave that, but i just won't be listening to the exstent i do or did.
  3. How can you not be addicted? I am a HUGE addict, and I love the fact that I am. No other band will ever measure up to U2. None. U2 is King.

I think that its great that we all have something in common. If all of the world was like this, we would have no problems.

4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]LOL I still can remember when we talked until 3 or 4 AM, chatting and sharing thoughts... I still can remebmer when you and me were the only ones above 4000 posts (and I was the top-poster )... Hahahha good ol' times they were... Now I can't spend even a half of the half of the time I used to... Things change, mostly and surely to worst...

EDIT. lol... I didn't want to be sooo tragic, sorry.. That sounds way too sad

I remember when you, me, Gerard, Remy and Dan were the only regulars here all those years ago - I was on something like 800 posts.

But my wallet, like Nate, knows its limits and so do I. I don't think I've missed any good music because of U2 or otherwise in the last few years. The fact is, the obsession started with Pop, continued through to All That You Can't Leave Behind and HTDAAB and hasn't changed, even a little bit. If I wasn't obsessed I wouldn't have bought the iPod (U2's what made me buy music and music devices again), the iTunes set, the glasses, all the CDs / DVDs / bootlegs / digital stuff and be here today.

5. Same here. I don't listen to ONLY U2, but they're my default which I can always fall back on when everything else seems stale. I listen to a lot of different music, but sometimes the only genuine peace of mind can be found listening to great music by a great band.

EDIT - strange thing is, I've been on here half the time guys like you, Dan, Sergio etc. have been, and yet everything's so different from when I first started taking an active role on here, so I can barely imagine what it's like for you genuine old-timers on the site!
  6. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    Same here. I don't listen to ONLY U2, but they're my default which I can always fall back on when everything else seems stale. I listen to a lot of different music, but sometimes the only genuine peace of mind can be found listening to great music by a great band.

And I wouldn't have bought all the remasters at once either. I have plenty of other bands, like Australian rock, Brian Eno (don't ask), the old legends (James Brown, Michael Jackson, Alice Cooper, Bruce Springsteen, KISS etc) - but I can always come back to a song at any time, like City of Blinding Lights, because it appeals to me. Not a lot of others, but to me.

EDIT - strange thing is, I've been on here half the time guys like you, Dan, Sergio etc. have been, and yet everything's so different from when I first started taking an active role on here, so I can barely imagine what it's like for you genuine old-timers on the site!

I can tell you the site looked heaps different when I first registered. I think it had only been around the best part of 3-4 months when I registered - November of 2006 - and half this stuff wasn't even in the works. Of course, other U2 sites have popped up over the time, but this one has always been important because what other U2 fan site has 11 000 members on it?

I'm about to get going - but before I go, congratulations on your Uni placement.
  7. Originally posted by drewhiggins:And I wouldn't have bought all the remasters at once either. I have plenty of other bands, like Australian rock, Brian Eno (don't ask), the old legends (James Brown, Michael Jackson, Alice Cooper, Bruce Springsteen, KISS etc) - but I can always come back to a song at any time, like City of Blinding Lights, because it appeals to me. Not a lot of others, but to me.

The only remaster I have is the JT boxed set with CDs + DVD, and that was a b'day present. I want to get the new ones eventually, but like everyone seems to point out, money really is a bit of a hindrance. And yeah, I mean I could be listening to soemthing like Bloc Party, Muse etc. but suddenly feel the need to listen to Electric Co. I rarely get that with music from any other bands, save for perhaps Coldplay or Runrig, but not to the same extent.
  8. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    The only remaster I have is the JT boxed set with CDs + DVD, and that was a b'day present. I want to get the new ones eventually, but like everyone seems to point out, money really is a bit of a hindrance. And yeah, I mean I could be listening to soemthing like Bloc Party, Muse etc. but suddenly feel the need to listen to Electric Co. I rarely get that with music from any other bands, save for perhaps Coldplay or Runrig, but not to the same extent.

If they bring out the next three remasters, plus videos and whatever, it's gonna send my wallet crackers.

9. God, just a bit lol...AB remaster with potential extra DVD...
    Originally posted by drewhiggins:I can tell you the site looked heaps different when I first registered. I think it had only been around the best part of 3-4 months when I registered - November of 2006 - and half this stuff wasn't even in the works. Of course, other U2 sites have popped up over the time, but this one has always been important because what other U2 fan site has 11 000 members on it?

I'm about to get going - but before I go, congratulations on your Uni placement.

I can imagine, I mean I remember being a part of the huge conversations of old, although I think I came in as that particular generation stopped being quite so regular. I mean, everyone's still around, but it's rare when the "old crowd" (the 2nd incarnation, anyway - I can't claim to be that familiar with many of the really old-timers lol) all gather on GC or something. And thanks for the congrats mate catch you later (probably a good thing this convo comes to a close before we get accused of going off-topic lol...
  10. Originally posted by U2Nick:How can you not be addicted? I am a HUGE addict, and I love the fact that I am. No other band will ever measure up to U2. None. U2 is King.

I think that its great that we all have something in common. If all of the world was like this, we would have no problems.

+1
  11. Sometimes I can be one, but I know my limits. Others do see me as an addict though

For me, it's actually a mix between 2 and 3...