1. There is a new You Too, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.

The last You Too:
    What's your favorite version of Running To Stand Still? (started on 2008-09-21)

ZooTV (guitar, hallelujah outro) - 54.3%
    The Joshua Tree tour (piano, extended outro) - 28.3%
    Vertigo tour (piano, mixed outro) - 17.3%

Votes: 254

The question of this new You Too is:

Do you think Bono's appearances in various political events (see photo section) affect the album release?

- Yes, if Bono was a fulltime singer the album was released in 2007
    - Yes, I think it might have been an influence, just a little though
    - No, it always has been like this, Bono knows how to divide his time
    - No, it just inspires Bono to make better songs and early-released albums

Please vote on the frontpage of the website, in this thread you can tell us why you voted for your answer.

Your vote is valued! Thank you!
  2. I think it certainly inspires him to write awesome songs!
  3. yes yes yes. U2 were going well up until ATYCLB. They still had balls and the right attitude of not needing to follow any particular trends or being overly commercial. But since 2000 when Bono became extremely commited to Jubilee, DATA and all of the other organizations the music has suffered and they have since released there 2 most bland albums.

I prefer to blame Bono's other activities rather than a possible loss of drive or the will to things their own way rather than the way of $
  4. voted for bono knows how to divide his time.

he might be more active concerning his organisations since 2000, but in my opinion u2's music hasn't suffered from it a bit.
  5. Since his political activism is the source of the songs I think it would take more time without those actions. He gets his ideas from the activism.
  6. It certainly affects the U2 work. Bono even admitted that he spent too much time on campaigning. I wouldn't go so far to say that we would have had an album last year without Bono saving the world, though.
  7. Originally posted by markp91:Since his political activism is the source of the songs I think it would take more time without those actions. He gets his ideas from the activism.

Got an example or 2?
  8. - Yes, if Bono was a fulltime singer the album was released in 2007

BUT
    I prefer to wait and have quality.
  9. First off I think the grammar of the question should be looked at again. Doesn't really make sense

Secondly, I think it does affect it. I sort of agree with Gerard with what he said about Bono and their music lately. One thing I do disagree with is ATYCLB. I love that album. Sure it is more bland than the others, but I still love it and I love the elevation tour. Bomb however was disappointing. Let's just hope that if Bono's political activism is affecting their music, it only makes it better on this next album. But they've written like 60 songs. 11 of them HAVE to be really good, right? I think we should all get to go to the studio, listen to all the songs they recorded and vote on which ones should make the album.

10. Ok, misunderstanding then. I thought you were referring to his DATA/ONE/Africa campaign only.

11. unsure myself but we should go with DATA etc. Politics is obviously an influence