1. There is a new You Too, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.

The last You Too:
    Do you think Bono's appearances in various political events (see photo section) affect the album release? (started on 2008-09-29)

Yes, I think it might have been an influence, just a little though - 35.4%
    No, it always has been like this, Bono knows how to divide his time - 34.8%
    Yes, if Bono was a fulltime singer the album would've been out by 2007 - 23.7%
    No, it just inspires Bono to make better songs and early-released albums - 6.1%

Votes: 198

The question of this new You Too is:

Which U2 song is, lyrically or musically, the most sexual out of these songs?

- Elevation
    - Mysterious Ways
    - All I Want Is You
    - Desire
    - If You Wear That Velvet Dress

Please vote on the frontpage of the website, in this thread you can tell us why you voted for your answer.

Your vote is valued! Thank you!

PS: Before the debate starts on which songs are and aren't included in this list, I based this list on the songs that appear the most in various online discussions on the meaning of U2 lyrics. Original of the Species was high on that list too, but I don't think many users would vote for that one, even though it really contains a few sex references, confirmed by Bono
  2. UTEOTW??

'surroundin me, going down on me, spilling over the brim'

3. hey Remy, there are kids around!

4. i always felt that line was stretched to appear sexual. I know that Bill Flanagan mentions it and apparently caught Bono off guard, sure the phrase "going down on me" is basically sexual but in the contexts of the song his sorrows are all around him. I'd say within the context of the song it's not sexual but of course the connotations are there.

I think Velvet Dress is their most explicitly sexual song; lights out, the moon flooding the room like a mirrorball. I see it in like a veranda somewhere over looking the ocean....very sensual and very sexual
  5. "If you wanna kiss the sky, better learn how to kneel - on your knees, boy."
    "She's slipping, you're sliding down"
    "Johnny take a dive with your sister in the rain."
    "She moves in mysterious ways."

Utter filth, and none the worse for it. I guess Achtung Baby was about the time the world (and not least U2 themselves) realised that it was okay for U2 to be sexy. And why not? They always seemed too serious and terrified of sex - not twisted or doomed romance, they had plenty of that - but to actually write overtly sexual songs? Well, it certainly loosened them up (as it were) and helped them lose the serious image, at least for a while.
    As Nigel Tufnel would have it, "What's wrong with being sexy?"
  6. mysterious ways - not only are the lyrics giving hints, but listen to that guitar pure sex, me says.

edit:
    wild honey... btw
  7. Originally posted by thejonner:"If you wanna kiss the sky, better learn how to kneel - on your knees, boy."
    "She's slipping, you're sliding down"
    "Johnny take a dive with your sister in the rain."
    "She moves in mysterious ways."

Utter filth, and none the worse for it. I guess Achtung Baby was about the time the world (and not least U2 themselves) realised that it was okay for U2 to be sexy. And why not? They always seemed too serious and terrified of sex - not twisted or doomed romance, they had plenty of that - but to actually write overtly sexual songs? Well, it certainly loosened them up (as it were) and helped them lose the serious image, at least for a while.
    As Nigel Tufnel would have it, "What's wrong with being sexy?"

this post is great for the Spinal Tap reference
  8. Lyrically...as someone from the lyrics RT ( ), I would go with Elevation, the lyrics have more stuff in them than Mysterious Ways which is the only one worth comparing it with, Velvet Dress is about sins , Desire is about selling out or working just for money, AIWIY is a simple non-sexual love song.

9. HA!!! I'm glad I'm not alone... Funniest film ever made, perhaps with the exception of Withnail & I and The Royal Tenenbaums. Perhaps on their next tour, U2's amps will go to eleven...
  10. The solo of The Fly live from Boston (Elevation DVD) is almost better than sex btw... I vote for MW.