1. yeah thats a part of the song that I like.

2. I prefer Elevation, but I think the Vertigo version(s - I dunno about the Toronto performance) are cool in that they're stripped down to a gritty rock feel. With Elevation, I think it went where the PopMart versions tried to go, although it did feel slightly out of place in some respects. To be honest, it's a great song lol.
  3. Originally posted by Ali709:It's only got one line added to it...I can't hear it right, so don't laugh! It's either "It's love...calling from above" or "It's love...coming from above"...or anything sounding the same, it just starts with "it's love".

The reason for it being added is, Bono said himself, the song is a riddle...and it's referring to "love", you can see it in the lyrics, it's just like a riddle, it keeps describing it, giving hints about it:

You can reach
    But you can't grab it
    You can hold it, control it
    No, you can't bag it

You can push
    But you can't direct it
    Circulate, regulate, oh no
    You cannot connect it

The whole song is like that, describing "it", which is love. So Bono has added this line to the song in these performances so that people get it, "it's love...".

I personally think Bono got very involved with the meanings of his lyrics during the vertigo tour...his comments about the meaning of 'streets' and how it went with the flags and even gave him goosebumps, or his comments about the similarities between Boy and HTDAAB,...or what he did to Discotheque...

Great interpretation Ali!

I like all Discotheque version. Vertigo definitely sounds like what Ali described.

4. The arrangement is just great, those new lines and the rock sound!

The lines about love
  5. "this is a love song, this is a love sooooong" fav part of that version
  6. Or next year... Pop 20...
  7. Best live version of this song in my opinion
  8. can feel it comming next tour leg, right?
  9. Awesome version !!
  10. From 1.27 that rhythm section especially Larry’s drumbeat Sounds awesome in this live version. As close to the album record. The crowd would go nuts like they did in this. Shame will never hear that again