1. I'd rather he just release that solo album he finished over a year ago & go on another D&D type of tour instead.
  2. Anyone going to the U2 MSG show maybe get to see a guestie by the Boss?
  3. Remy, did you see Bruce on Bradway? It would be great if you would share your impressions and pictures, I am sure you have some great ones! Thanks
  4. Originally posted by Happy24:Remy, did you see Bruce on Bradway? It would be great if you would share your impressions and pictures, I am sure you have some great ones! Thanks
    Hey man yeah I did! It was great. Very special. We had the "cheapest seats" all the way up tier 2 balcony ($75). Felt very weird seeing the four seats right in front of him ($800) all remaining empty for the entire show!

But it was nice. Very none-Springsteen. He read from his biography and sang songs in between, just him, the guitar or piano. For a few songs his wife joined him. He even sang a few songs without the microphone, it was that intimate, you could hear it perfectly. It lasted two hours. Not many people were singing along so it was just everyone sitting, relatively quiet.

All in all it was very special! It felt like it was a sort of a final act for him, close to his hometown, telling stories about his life, singing his most famous songs. It felt like he was saying "if it ends after this it's fine, this is just what I wanted to do".

The weird thing is that he plays and does the exact same thing every night, 5 days in a week for like 6 months if he keeps renewing his show. I guess he doesn't get bored easily!

I only made like 3 photos (didn't bring my camera):

5. Thanks for rhe review, Remy! Yeah, the shows seem to be extremely overpriced, but 75$ is not that much, even for a seat high up there. I can imagine you had a blast. Anyway it is so not him, doing the same set night after night after night when we all know he can do pretty much any of his songs (and more) without rehearsing. Which doesn't really matter if you see one show, right? It is interesting that you say that it felt like it might even be his way to say good bye. Iam sure it is not his intention, but one never knows. Just today I watched the multicam that our sparko made from his 2016 gig in Berlin - 3,5 hours of pure energy. I refuse to believe that he would not do that again. I have seen him 5 times in the past 8 years and yeah, I hope I will get to see some more of that. Anyway, I am glad you had this unique experience!
  6. $75 is damn good for those seats indeed. Lucky you, Remy!

Agreeing with you both, I still can't believe he plays, sings and tells the same songs and stories every night when he's a song-wikipedia on two legs. This would be the definitive chance to bring up some oldies, unknown or even unreleased songs. Oh well.
  7. Is Bruce Springsteen a good musician?
  8. Man, I can't really tell whether you are trolling or whether you really don't know who Bruce is. Okay, I'll take your question seriously and will be honest. Bruce is a musician who a lot of people love and a lot of people hate. A lot of people love to hate him, that's what he has in common with U2, I would say. One can like him or not, that is a matter of taste, but noone can deny his misicianship. It is hard to think about any rock star who is a better "musician." He and his band can really play hundreds of songs without rehearsing them. And I don't mean just to play the chords and sing the mellody, but to do the real arangemets. All they need is to agrree on a key and to get the lyrics on the teleprompter and they are good to play anything. Not many people can do that, certainly not among the pop or rock music stars. Bruce is the real deal, a man who lives music. To get an idea what I am talking about, this video is better than thousand words:

9. Springsteen is a phenomenon in setlist variation and for me he is the best live artist in history. And do not forget The E Streetband, they can play what they want.