1. Originally posted by RedSky:I'm most probably in the minority here - but I think it's just an 'okay' song

It's nothing overtly great - and I'd only score it a 6/10 at most

I think the 'myth' is greater than the reality

Still better than most of what is on Bomb but not 'up there' with the greats
    Same, it's alright, I'm also in a minority (probably) who thinks the performances on 360 had a better chorus.

I think the song is a bit too long and not sonically that interesting, the chorus melodies also sound similar to 'Kite' from what I hear. Maybe the band will release it officially one day.
  2. I think the 20th anniversary of HTDAAB might be the last chance for the "original" version to see the light of day... only ~ 6 months away. Really looking forward to that release
  3. Originally posted by colbourne25:I think the 20th anniversary of HTDAAB might be the last chance for the "original" version to see the light of day... only ~ 6 months away. Really looking forward to that release
    Fingers crossed
  4. New albums rumoured for a November release so i don’t think a HTDAAB release would fit in with the plans. Nothing wrong with a 25th anniversary release instead though in 2029. I find the quarter century a better time for an anniversary release personally, 20 years or even 30 dont feel as significant as 25 to me for some reason.
  5. All of you talking up this HTDAAB release is getting me excited. With this talk of U2 3D and Mercy etc. Since it won so many Grammy's it will be celebrated for sure. Personally, I don't need it now.
  6. Originally posted by colbourne25:I think the 20th anniversary of HTDAAB might be the last chance for the "original" version to see the light of day... only ~ 6 months away. Really looking forward to that release
    if we don’t have an official release of the 2004 studio take for the Bomb anniversary release… then for sure it will never happen…
  7. Originally posted by The_Hermit:[..]
    if we don’t have an official release of the 2004 studio take for the Bomb anniversary release… then for sure it will never happen…
    it won't happen
  8. Originally posted by The_Hermit:[..]
    I’m doubtful we will have an anniversary release for Atomic Bomb. They are working on getting the new album out for Fall. They aren’t going to look at a big box set when they are trying to sell a new album.
  9. Could be some great energy (emotional) going into this album. Larry come back, Adam divorce . I'm sensing a great album on the way .
  10. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    I’m doubtful we will have an anniversary release for Atomic Bomb. They are working on getting the new album out for Fall. They aren’t going to look at a big box set when they are trying to sell a new album.
    I'm doubtful (very doubtful) they'll have an album out this year...

I guess we'll wait and see. It's not unusual for artists to release anniversary editions within a couple of months of new albums... particularly big artists.
  11. I used to want an official studio version of Mercy to finally show up...now I kinda hope they leave it in the past.

Same with other songs like "Soon" (despite Bono saying in the audiobook for Surrender that "we really should release that") or even the entire "Songs of Ascent" album. While I love these individual tracks in the forms they've appeared over the years, I'm ready for U2 to move on and to keep those sorts of things in the past as part of U2 lore. Partly it's being sick of album titles that begin with "Songs of...", too.

Onward with songs like "Glorify", I say.
  12. From what I’ve heard of glorify if it was the average standard of the album I’d consider it their weakest album by far. I do sort of agree about the other songs though. Soon has already been released so no need to look at that again and I do want mercy released but with it already being leaked and a live version released I think it would be better suited as part of some sort of HTDAAB boxset rather than be part of a new album. I prefer a new album to be stuff we haven’t heard at all. Then again it depends on quality, if it’s between glorify or mercy to be on the next album I’d have mercy.