1. There is a new You Too, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.

The last You Too:

What is your favorite political U2 song? (started on 2008-11-17)

Please - 36.6%
    Sunday Bloody Sunday - 33.9%
    Bullet the Blue Sky - 22.4%
    Love And Peace Or Else - 7.1%

Votes: 254

The question of this new You Too is:

What is your favorite acoustic (live) re-arrangement song?

- Desire
    - In God's Country
    - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    - Sunday Bloody Sunday
    - Please

Please vote on the frontpage of the website, in this thread you can tell us why you voted for your answer.
    Your vote is valued! Thank you!

2. Originally posted by Remy:There is a new You Too, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.

The last You Too:

[..]

The question of this new You Too is:

What is your acoustic (live) re-arrangement song?

- Desire
    - In God's Country
    - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    - Sunday Bloody Sunday
    - Please

Please vote on the frontpage of the website, in this thread you can tell us why you voted for your answer.
    Your vote is valued! Thank you!

I think the word "favorite" was neglected in the question and forum topic title.

I don't think there is any question of the best reworking here... It has to be Stay. Nothing comes close.

3. Originally posted by sdking91:[..]

I think the word "favorite" was neglected in the question and forum topic title.

I don't think there is any question of the best reworking here... It has to be Stay. Nothing comes close.

Thanks, corrected!
  4. Stay. By a country mile.
  5. I like Stay, but actually prefer Please by an inch. The others are very boring to me, as they essentially sound like a guy up on stage covering U2 songs in a singalong.

Too bad "The First Time" didn't make the list. I might have voted for that!
  6. I actually went with Please again. I think it changed the most from album to live and I think it was for the better, it is infinitely better live, so much more emotion, the song feels finished. the other songs are of course great live but they are pretty much the fully formed song as they were on the album, with the exception of that drony guitar on Stay and I think the drums are way better live on IGC than on the album, but overall Please
  7. I went with SBS. The other acousic versions just sound like the album version-lite to me. SBS was wholly reimagined on PopMart.
  8. Haven't decided yet, but technically speaking, SBS was never played acoustically

EDIT - ignore that, I guess we're referring to the performance at the Clinton building opening thing? I was thinking about PopMart, because they weren't played on an acoustic guitar (which is how I intepreted acoustic re-arrangements...)
  9. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Haven't decided yet, but technically speaking, SBS was never played acoustically

EDIT - ignore that, I guess we're referring to the performance at the Clinton building opening thing? I was thinking about PopMart, because they weren't played on an acoustic guitar (which is how I intepreted acoustic re-arrangements...)

I was about to slam you until the last sentence. Now I just think you're a guitar geek
  10. Had to go wtih Stay on this one.

11. I can't deny it, but I think it's fair to say I'm by no means the worst of the merry crew in U2start Guitar Geekdom lol...

12. Close call between Please and Desire...I prefer Please tough!