1. horrific
  2. cover of a cover...
  3. I'm pretty sure it's the same backing track with just Jack's vocals removed. It sounds exactly the same, no cover can sound so similar to the original (which was also a cover in this case).
  4. Random question but with this whole JT questions thing going on I wanted to ask anyone on here who followed the band from the early days what they thought when they put achtung baby on for the first time and the sound of zoo station came out?
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:Random question but with this whole JT questions thing going on I wanted to ask anyone on here who followed the band from the early days what they thought when they put achtung baby on for the first time and the sound of zoo station came out?
    I found it to be a bit of a challenge, to be perfectly honest. It took me a little while to get in to Zoo Station, EBTTRT, and UTEOTW. However, One was "immediate" as was "Wild Horses" and UV.

Fortunately, by the time 1992 rolled around I thought it was one for the ages.
  6. I remember reading somewhere that a lot of people thought the stereo or the record were broken when Zoo Station started
  7. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    I found it to be a bit of a challenge, to be perfectly honest. It took me a little while to get in to Zoo Station, EBTTRT, and UTEOTW. However, One was "immediate" as was "Wild Horses" and UV.

Fortunately, by the time 1992 rolled around I thought it was one for the ages.
    I thought at least someone might say that. I don't think u2 have taken such a drastic turn musically in my lifetime and I can only imagine the challenge to get into it at the time. Thanks for the response though it's cool to hear someone's actual experience of it, glad to hear you were won round in time for the tour.

I can also 100% believe that cqleonardo, i still don't think the sound they created on that album has reappeared anywhere else, or that anyone could match that standard.
  8. Yes that was the intention of the band.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:
    I thought at least someone might say that. I don't think u2 have taken such a drastic turn musically in my lifetime and I can only imagine the challenge to get into it at the time....
    And what about change from Pop to ATYCLB? That was big change (disappointing for me)
  10. Re. Pop to ATYCLB:
    I thought songs like Beautiful Day and Elevation were catchy (still are I suppose) but the hooks did have a certain cheese factor to them. However, I will be the first to admit that I was happy they were getting positive media attention and it did put them back on top.
  11. I remember having difficulty getting used to "Zoo Station" when Achtung Baby first came out. It seems strange to say that now since I've heard it so many times and am well accustomed to it, but at the time, the industrial sounds and Bono's altered voice were so strange that it really made the song accessible. I never had that problem with "The Fly" though. I loved that song from the time the video premiered a couple months before the album release. The riff to "Until the End of the World" grabbed me right away, as did "Even Better..," and "Ultraviolet." Achtung Baby almost revealed itself to me in layers over the span of a few months. What a masterpiece!