1. I'm probably in the minority, but I voted for Boy. Thematically, Boy seems to be the most cohesive, and that's what seems to be the goal, as far as we've heard, for the new album.
  2. Originally posted by thefly07:[..]

don't think WITS was intended as a teaser for a new album, and besides Rubin produced it....an album produced by Eno/Lanois will not resemble anything by Rubin

I realize both of the things you've said. I'm just saying, Father Christmas, the latest U2 material we've heard, sounds a lot like Window In The Skies.
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I realize both of the things you've said. I'm just saying, Father Christmas, the latest U2 material we've heard, sounds a lot like Window In The Skies.

With all respect mate, I have to disagree in that I really can't see much in the way of similarities, if any, between WITS and the Greg Lake cover...production-wise, there's a very different feel to both (the stylings of Rubin vs. Lanois/Eno are very evident to me), whilst sonically there's also a very different feel...but each to their own, can't stop people thinking stuff just 'cause you disagree
  4. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:I'm probably in the minority, but I voted for Boy. Thematically, Boy seems to be the most cohesive, and that's what seems to be the goal, as far as we've heard, for the new album.

you might be right....it's the one album I don't like to put on shuffle
  5. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:I'm probably in the minority, but I voted for Boy. Thematically, Boy seems to be the most cohesive, and that's what seems to be the goal, as far as we've heard, for the new album.

Someone has their thinking cap on!
  6. From what I've heard it comes closest to Radiohead's In Rainbows.
    Since that isn't an option I go for HTDAAB...
  7. I've opted for Achtung Baby like the majority so far -- but I'd rather call this wishful thinking!!

8. A rare occasion. I hope they just strike a balance between cohesiveness as an album and strong songs that can stand on their own...if that makes sense. Like the Joshua Tree.
  9. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:[..]

A rare occasion. I hope they just strike a balance between cohesiveness as an album and strong songs that can stand on their own...if that makes sense. Like the Joshua Tree.

whatever the case, i think we will have a masterpiece on our hands. it's interesting how Edge said the album is of two halves. one being raw, not too thought out; the other being more thought and so forth. does anyone else expect some substantial announcement this month? I mean come on, if it's coming out in February a new single should be out next month....and before that they need to tell us about it!
  10. Ale mentioned to me that this brazilian site, had rumours goin that this week would be the one U2 would decide the release date of the first single
    But that their not that trust worthy lol
    It would be on its time tough, if iits gonna be due february
  11. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    With all respect mate, I have to disagree in that I really can't see much in the way of similarities, if any, between WITS and the Greg Lake cover...production-wise, there's a very different feel to both (the stylings of Rubin vs. Lanois/Eno are very evident to me), whilst sonically there's also a very different feel...but each to their own, can't stop people thinking stuff just 'cause you disagree

Actually thinking about it more you're right. Because I am a guitar player, and the thing I concentrate most on in U2 is the guitar, it's probably because Edge used the Rickenbacker for both tunes. The guitar sound is very similar, that's what I'm thinking of mostly. Other than that, yea you're right.
  12. Originally posted by Xayide29:Ale mentioned to me that this brazilian site, had rumours goin that this week would be the one U2 would decide the release date of the first single
    But that their not that trust worthy lol
    It would be on its time tough, if iits gonna be due february

certianly hope so....maybe tomorrow!