1. Im kinda new to this cite, but the most annoying thing i have found is that there are alot of excellent bootlegs on this site that are going un-noticed because theyre listed as haveing poor quality when in fact they have excellent quality (exe. 2000-12-05 - New York, New York - Irving Plaza OR 1992-06-11 - Stockholm, Sweden - Globen are probably my two favorite shows yet they are listed as haveing 2/5 stars when they are in fact execellent recordings). maybe there should be some sort of way of the users decideing what the quality of the bootleg is, as it is now i cant trust the quality meter nor the quality filter at all.

if you have come across any other cases where the quality is underrated tell me here.

and if this topic has already come up I apologise
  2. totally agree with you! There are most likely some undiscovered gems on here. Think its the 2nd night of wembley 93 (where they play zooropa, can't remember the exact date!) that's surely worthy of more than 2 stars! Everybody has different standards in terms of quality however, but it would be good if there was more authority on the grading of bootlegs?!
  3. First Popmart show, I like it.
  4. Originally posted by RemyFirst Popmart show, I like it.

It does have its moments. They play the full version of Mofo which is pretty sweet!
  5. some soundboards that are listed as two stars.
    popmart miami
    most of the december shows in dublin in 1989 lovetown tour.
    clevlend ohio on elevation tour 2001
    rotterdame show zootv 6/92, i dont know the exact date but its from the video of the concert winner from mtv.

we need a new forum just to rate and talk about shows that sound good. and to post our reviews.

i love this site
  6. Originally posted by jexpsome soundboards that are listed as two stars.
    popmart miami
    most of the december shows in dublin in 1989 lovetown tour.
    clevlend ohio on elevation tour 2001
    rotterdame show zootv 6/92, i dont know the exact date but its from the video of the concert winner from mtv.

we need a new forum just to rate and talk about shows that sound good. and to post our reviews.

i love this site

Thanks, some bootlegs fell under the old system which had no rating option, that's why. Oh and the Dublin shows are no soundboard, they're "just" excellent audience. Popmart Miami and the Dublin shows didn't have 2 stars, they were already up to date.
  7. the ones i have are soundboard. they all were played on the radio in dublin, the last night was broadcasted to the world. thats the one from itunes.
    i did notice the miami pomart was a soundboard, sorry..
    you can go to justinscdrtrading .com to look at the ratings, very reliable. this is where i got alot of my stuff before this great site started. its a good reference to the show;s sound and how it was recorded.
  8. Originally posted by jexpthe ones i have are soundboard. they all were played on the radio in dublin, the last night was broadcasted to the world. thats the one from itunes.
    i did notice the miami pomart was a soundboard, sorry..
    you can go to justinscdrtrading .com to look at the ratings, very reliable. this is where i got alot of my stuff before this great site started. its a good reference to the show;s sound and how it was recorded.

They sound as soundboard but are no soundboards, there is a certain sound/hiss on soundboards which you don't hear on the Dublin broadcast. Too many audience mixed in it I think. Well, it's a good bootleg anyway
  9. Originally posted by lloydius57totally agree with you! There are most likely some undiscovered gems on here. Think its the 2nd night of wembley 93 (where they play zooropa, can't remember the exact date!) that's surely worthy of more than 2 stars! Everybody has different standards in terms of quality however, but it would be good if there was more authority on the grading of bootlegs?!

thats the london 8/12/1992 concert, thats another great example of an underrated bootleg, also dunblin 12/26/1989, though its listed as 4 stars i think it is one of the best recorded bootlegs ive ever heard.
  10. if thats the one they play "two hearts beat as one" that was sounds great. very clear
    you have to remember the point depot is a small compared to the size of the band at that time so the crowd was very loud. i love all of those shows. " bad" was really good this night.
  11. Originally posted by lloydius57 There are most likely some undiscovered gems on here. Think its the 2nd night of wembley 93 (where they play zooropa, can't remember the exact date!) that's surely worthy of more than 2 stars!

Both Wembley shows are far better than 2 stars --and both have a zooropa performance.
    Also 1987-12-19 is a GREAT recording, close to sounboard too and is rated 2 stars.
  12. Originally posted by Remy[..]

They sound as soundboard but are no soundboards, there is a certain sound/hiss on soundboards which you don't hear on the Dublin broadcast. Too many audience mixed in it I think. Well, it's a good bootleg anyway

That's right, they are broadcast quality, like Dublin 93 or any bootleg extracted from television/radio shows. Now, the thing is that broadcasting implies the soundboard, some how. The little hiss, I've been told, is because the master source was taped --nowadays you can obtain a digital master, so soundboards won't have the hiss.