1. Originally posted by patssox95:this is one of the worst and least helpful threads ever. Why do so many people post questions when the answers are found ON THIS SITE?!... "I think it was second wembly with zooropa?"= wrong..."i think it was the 8/12 1992 London show" = wrong...the tempe 12/19 gig only has 2 stars and" = wrong... "Is that the show the played two hearts beat as one?" = Look it up yourself! This topic started with a great idea and i was hopeful i would find some good underrated bootlegs = wrong... a complete waste of 5 pages. There are hidden gems on this site, unfortunately none of them(OK maybe 1 or 2 are) listed in this thread. Happy hunting to everyone else who spent time here looking for help.

This thread was started two years BEFORE you even joined this site. And it was originally refered to bootlegs that sounded better than its star rating, nothing more. The 12/19 was 2 stars when this thread started - that's why we changed its rating. So, before starting to bitch and moan, why not look the date of the posts? It might be helpful.
  2. BUMP.... lol

Well, I don't know if this is the right topic, but to not create a new one... I will post here... just some underrated bootlegs (yes, they have too many, at least 30 per tour ... but I will try to put just some of them)
  3. 1985-04-30 Jacksonville, Florida : A great show... when we talk about UF Tour, normally we talk about Dortmund, Bologna, Glasgow, but most of us forgot this gem... my favorite performance of The Unforgettable Fire (song) with different lyrics at last chorus "stay til your heart beats through", with another great moments, including an excellent extended version of Party Girl

1992-09-02 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Well... it's hard to talk about Zoo TV, cause we have many options... but this show have an amazing soung quality and great performance at same time and isn't too much downloaded here, the whole show is good, My Girl was snippeted at Angel of Harlem and Edge have some issues on Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World

1997-09-15 Montpellier, France : Well, me and other members talk about this concert in other topics... all is good here, the best moment to me is All I Want is You / Bad (snippet) this is rare and sounds great... Last Night On Earth, Bullet, Please, MW and karaoke are other highlights
  4. 1997-11-23 San Antonio, Texas : When we talk about "the best PopMart concert" many people could tell Sarajevo, Santiago, Leeds or Tel Aviv (this last one pretty overrated to me)... But here we got an emotional tribute show to Michael Hutchence, full of details, even with a not listed snippet of Zooropa in EBTTRT... we got excellent versions of Gone, Staring At The Sun, Discotheque, Mysterious Ways and One... also other good perofmances, but these were excellent!!

2001-05-06 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Strange case with post 2000 recording sounding like an 80's recording, very interesting bootleg... we have here one of best versions of Elevation (song) that I ever heard, Stuck, Bad and Bullet were also excellent, and Sweetest Thing, In A Little While were in highlights too

2005-10-17 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: In this concert, Bono's voice was more rough than usual... Vertigo and Beautiful Day were in top highlights, other usual highlights are Electric Co, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own and 40... even some old hits were in highlitghts (Sunday Bloody Sunday and WOWY were strong for a Vertigo show)
  5. Originally posted by fleavox:1997-11-23 San Antonio, Texas : When we talk about "the best PopMart concert" many people could tell Sarajevo, Santiago, Leeds or Tel Aviv (this last one pretty overrated to me)... But here we got an emotional tribute show to Michael Hutchence, full of details, even with a not listed snippet of Zooropa in EBTTRT... we got excellent versions of Gone, Staring At The Sun, Discotheque, Mysterious Ways and One... also other good perofmances, but these were excellent!!

2001-05-06 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Strange case with post 2000 recording sounding like an 80's recording, very interesting bootleg... we have here one of best versions of Elevation (song) that I ever heard, Stuck, Bad and Bullet were also excellent, and Sweetest Thing, In A Little While were in highlights too

2005-10-17 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: In this concert, Bono's voice was more rough than usual... Vertigo and Beautiful Day were in top highlights, other usual highlights are Electric Co, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own and 40... even some old hits were in highlitghts (Sunday Bloody Sunday and WOWY were strong for a Vertigo show)
    Very good choices.
    1989-11-25 Tokyo. I can't believe how good this show sounds. Not even some 360 or I+E shows sound like this. WOWY is played 5th and a great AIWIY.

1997-09-09 Madrid When Popmart worked, it blew the roof off. This is 5,000 times better than Tel Aviv.
  6. Just discovered 1997-05-26 Washington, IMO is even better than most of the well known PopMart gigs. 1984-11-15 London is underrated as well.
  7. There are early Popmart boots that are actually quite enjoyable, performance and sound-wise. San Diego, Salt Lake City, Eugene, Washington, Pittsburgh and the 2nd Edmonton show (with Slow Dancing!)
  8. 1980-11-21 - Edinburgh: This is the best show ever... just download right now, don't read the reviews and listen
  9. Best early bootleg.
  10. Shhhh, you'll spoil the best kept secret in the site.
  11. 1984-11-15, London - Band on fire and great versions of the new tunes (and my favourite Seconds ever)
    1987-06-06, Gothenburg - Overall it's not an unforgettable concert, but it contains some great and unique perfomances, such as I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Exit and Bad.
    1989-11-14, Melbourne - Last Exit to date (and what a version), great renditions of Streets, Along The Watchtower and Bad too.
    1992-10-24, Tempe - Personally, I consider it the best ZooTV show (along with Dortmund #1).
    1997-07-31, Mannheim - The german/dutch/belgian shows of PopMart have a Bono in great form, and this one is the last of a series (check out Werchter too) started in Rotterdam two weeks prior. Unusual snippets and a 8-minutes-long Discothèque mixed with terrible mistakes (it wouldn't be a PopMart gig without) that make it essential for any lover of this tour.