1. I'm actually curious to see which songs from NLOTH, if any, they decide to take with them this time around...

I'm also not sure if there's necessarily a correlation between an album's success and U2's inclination to perform the songs on subsequent tours. Remember that HTDAAB sold like crazy, but the only songs to carry over to 360 were Vertigo and COBL.
  2. Even a band like U2 can make some mistakes, GOYB is their biggest. Altough live the song worked now and then.
  3. Originally posted by ahn1991:I'm actually curious to see which songs from NLOTH, if any, they decide to take with them this time around...

I'm also not sure if there's necessarily a correlation between an album's success and U2's inclination to perform the songs on subsequent tours. Remember that HTDAAB sold like crazy, but the only songs to carry over to 360 were Vertigo and COBL.
    You actually have a point there I guess!
  4. I have to disagree. I think Boots kicks ass. I'd love it to stick around but I'm sure it won't.
  5. I think it evolved live for sure, but even then it wasn't much more than a lesser Vertigo to me. Sort of a standard rock tune like Elevation and Vertigo. They're necessary in a U2 show, but they have way better ones. Personally I'd love to see them bring back Last Night On Earth and Gone to fill that gap. Or even some older rockier tunes like Gloria.

On the next tour I'd actually like to see them give all of the 2000's albums a break, Achtung Baby and Zooropa a break, and even The Joshua Tree a break. Everything else should be open game. I'd love to see them give something like Promenade or Indian Summer Sky a try..that'd be wicked. Not to mention A Sort of Homecoming...BUT THIS BELONGS IN ANOTHER TOPIC!
  6. Originally posted by ahn1991:I'm actually curious to see which songs from NLOTH, if any, they decide to take with them this time around...

magnificent and maybe Moment of surrender and Breathe

I would like to listen NLOTH again and UCaller
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I think it evolved live for sure, but even then it wasn't much more than a lesser Vertigo to me. Sort of a standard rock tune like Elevation and Vertigo. They're necessary in a U2 show, but they have way better ones. Personally I'd love to see them bring back Last Night On Earth and Gone to fill that gap. Or even some older rockier tunes like Gloria.

On the next tour I'd actually like to see them give all of the 2000's albums a break, Achtung Baby and Zooropa a break, and even The Joshua Tree a break. Everything else should be open game. I'd love to see them give something like Promenade or Indian Summer Sky a try..that'd be wicked. Not to mention A Sort of Homecoming...BUT THIS BELONGS IN ANOTHER TOPIC!
    I agree about the rockier tunes ...but i prefer the new ones ..i feel they work better to this moment of the band...Gloria was great in the 80 s ( like many other U2 songs) . I would like to listen Two hearts beat as one and A Celebration ( both great rockier tunes IMO) but i don t think Bono s voice would work fine with those kind of old songs
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I think it evolved live for sure, but even then it wasn't much more than a lesser Vertigo to me. Sort of a standard rock tune like Elevation and Vertigo. They're necessary in a U2 show, but they have way better ones. Personally I'd love to see them bring back Last Night On Earth and Gone to fill that gap. Or even some older rockier tunes like Gloria.

That leaves us with the first four albums and Rattle And Hum? No thanks man...

I'd love to hear Out Of Control, and Two Hearts though.
  9. According to U2, Pop was their biggest mistake. That or Rattle and Hum.
  10. According to me it was All That You Can't Leave Behind.

GOYB is fun, the first live peformance, I think it was the Brit Awards or something, was great.
  11. I do expect them to play a lot of the earlier stuff.
  12. I like Boots, but NOT as the lead single of an album that doesn't sound like that at all...

If the album had that sound in half of the songs in the album, well, yeah, that would've been like the direction of the album, either I would've embraced it or don't (I would've anyway). But the album only has 1 other song that sounds similar to it... so it sounds out of place.

If it has been released as the 2nd or 3rd single, well, I would've already liked the album sound and this song would've been a "fun" touch, instead of giving me the idea (and scaring me a bit in the process) that this was the "new" sound about... just taking Vertigo a couple of notches up...

Once time passes by and you (I) stop thinking of it as the lead single of No Line, it's a really good song.