1. If they wanted to pick a lead single that sounded like 3 other songs on the album, they would have picked No Line On The Horizon. But the album as a whole has too many contrasting sounds to really have a "connecting theme".
  2. taking boots and stand up comedy out of the mix, I do think NLOTH had a sonic theme though? when I think of this album, I always think of the word "ethereal" for some reason.
  3. The album DOES have a sonic theme besides GOYB and SUC indeed. They just dont fit in there, not to mention being the lead single (GOYB)...
  4. If anyone happens to come across a spare version of the Record Store Day version of SOI I would happily reimburse purchase price and postage costs... We are a little limited in Aus for RSD items!
  5. Originally posted by ahn1991:If they wanted to pick a lead single that sounded like 3 other songs on the album, they would have picked No Line On The Horizon. But the album as a whole has too many contrasting sounds to really have a "connecting theme".
    I pretty much agree with this... however I think that Boots/SUC are the two tracks that seem more out of place in the album due to being impossible to ignore as the "loudest" tracks, specially right in the middle of it AND using one of them as the lead single.
    (I.e. WAS and COL you can ignore them, but not Boots/SUC)

Besides, although that's a different discussion, but the track list doesn't help at all at least for me. I need to bring Breathe and FezBB into the first half and push Boots/SUC deeper into the second half to enjoy it.
  6. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    I pretty much agree with this... however I think that Boots/SUC are the two tracks that seem more out of place in the album due to being impossible to ignore as the "loudest" tracks, specially right in the middle of it AND using one of them as the lead single.

Besides, although that's a different discussion, but the track list doesn't help at all at least for me. I need to bring Breathe and FezBB into the first half and push Boots/SUC deeper into the second half to enjoy it.
    I read a review of No Line when it first came out. They said to look at the tracklist like Side A and B of a cassette. The first five songs are Side A and the last 6 are B? I remember thinking it was interesting.
  7. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

I read a review of No Line when it first came out. They said to look at the tracklist like Side A and B of a cassette. The first five songs are Side A and the last 6 are B? I remember thinking it was interesting.
  8. No excuses: SUC and GOYB feel out of place in that album in every way you look at it. Breathe does too, but to a lesser extent (or maybe because it's a better song altogether).
  9. Listening to Boots a lot lately and I always thought it was a kick ass song and maybe ahead of its time. "Women are the future hold the big revelations" had me thinking of the #WomensMarch. The whole call to arms theme of the song is very relevant for the political climate we are living in.
  10. Originally posted by kris_smith87:Listening to Boots a lot lately and I always thought it was a kick ass song and maybe ahead of its time. "Women are the future hold the big revelations" had me thinking of the #WomensMarch. The whole call to arms theme of the song is very relevant for the political climate we are living in.
    I've always felt this way. The lyrics are more powerful than the tune itself (in my opinion... )
  11. still love this song live, studio version is awful
  12. Live ok. Studoversion is one of their worst songs