1. it was great as a closer during the Aussie Vertigo shows in 2006.

the Sydney version that got an official release is amazing
  2. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]

it was great as a closer during the Aussie Vertigo shows in 2006.

the Sydney version that got an official release is amazing
    all six(?) versions were the six of the best 10 performances of the song
  3. Originally posted by bpt3:Sorry, Kite is massively overrated for me. (as is most of ATYCLB) I get that it's an emotional song for Bono and for others who associate it with memories of loved ones, either still living or passed away, but even as a dad now myself I can't get past how overly sentimental it comes off. The cheesy strings, the slide guitar, the "don't want to see you cry/I know that this is not goodbye" lyrics (can you imagine Bono writing something that obvious and banal in the 90s??). Plus the "last of the rock stars when hip hop drove the big cars" is just cringe-worthy at the end...

I'll admit I've never seen it live, though, and that would maybe change my view...

Kite is a beautiful song. Probably the best of ATYCLB. I realized that when my father passed last year. I listened to it a lot when he was dying. Maybe if you’ll appreciate it better if you have a loved one pass away. Btw the album came out in the year 2000 so Bono probably wrote those lyrics in the 90’s. And he pretty much predicted that the rock stars were giving way to the hip hop artists. Nobody thought that in 2000. But 17 years later it’s true. Gotta give him credit.
  4. great song
  5. love this song forever
  6. 8 years bump. Still waiting to hear it again.
  7. Originally posted by raynman009:[..]

Kite is a beautiful song. Probably the best of ATYCLB. I realized that when my father passed last year. I listened to it a lot when he was dying. Maybe if you’ll appreciate it better if you have a loved one pass away. Btw the album came out in the year 2000 so Bono probably wrote those lyrics in the 90’s. And he pretty much predicted that the rock stars were giving way to the hip hop artists. Nobody thought that in 2000. But 17 years later it’s true. Gotta give him credit.
    +1
  8. I also think it's the last great song on ATYCLB. Everything after that is subpar in my opinon. In A Little While the next track is decent, but not great and everything else, well just goes down in quality. Rolling Stone called this U2's third masterpiece, and I'd agree if it was just the first half..... any way's, I know this was mostly about Kite... so I'll leave it at that as it is one of my favorites from U2.