1. I wonder why people think MoS is not that superb...

But before we get off-topic...

2. even without lyrics MOS is superb. Imagine with lyrics like this... masterpiece, ten stars.
    and COL is a very good tune, but I prefer something like Love Is Blindness
  3. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

The lyrics are sometimes rather unsubtle, eg. this 'shitty world' or the oranges/tank one, even critics singled that out as being weak.

The great potential that Cedars har for me is that it paints pictures in my imagination. To me, this is the song I waited for since Walk to the water.
    While I'd agree that the shitty world line is not the best metaphor ever used on a song, I wanna point out that the oranges/tank line is a strong one. I can easily imagine a newspaper image showing exactly this. A starving or troubled region, children having to drink dirty water and then there's a modern day warrior -associated with killing- bringing something from a tank -a machine designed to kill- and the little thing he has is an orange. A small little thing representing life, vitality. A small gesture, but a moving one.
    The usual U2 cheese is largely present on this album ( Magnificent, Stand up comedy, White as Snow, Crazy) but I can't find it in Cedars.
    But that's just my 0,02 $
  4. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

The great potential that Cedars har for me is that it paints pictures in my imagination. To me, this is the song I waited for since Walk to the water.
    While I'd agree that the shitty world line is not the best metaphor ever used on a song, I wanna point out that the oranges/tank line is a strong one. I can easily imagine a newspaper image showing exactly this. A starving or troubled region, children having to drink dirty water and then there's a modern day warrior -associated with killing- bringing something from a tank -a machine designed to kill- and the little thing he has is an orange. A small little thing representing life, vitality. A small gesture, but a moving one.
    The usual U2 cheese is largely present on this album ( Magnificent, Stand up comedy, White as Snow, Crazy) but I can't find it in Cedars.
    But that's just my 0,02 $

That is it. best lyrics on the album
  5. Originally posted by vanquish:The lyrics are sometimes rather unsubtle, eg. this 'shitty world' or the oranges/tank one, even critics singled that out as being weak.
    I thougth I already convinced you on the Oranges line, didn't I?
  6. From the moment I first heard the famous Walmart-30-seconds-clips, Cedars was my absolute favourite.

And although I like plenty of songs on NLOTH, Cedars still brings me to that other place, the place I can't define but love to be in; U2 heaven.

(haha, that was MY cheesy line of the day )
  7. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

I like 'visual' songs as well, (eg. much of the Joshua Tree).

Don't you feel that White as Snow also creates similar imagery?
  8. Am i the only one who doesnt get it? Still hasnt grown on me at all after god knows how many listens.

9. Its very ambient and thats what i like about it. I think its up there but it will never become a live staple imo. Hahaha its ok one day you will
  10. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:[..]

Its very ambient and thats what i like about it. I think its up there but it will never become a live staple imo. Hahaha its ok one day you will

I hope so, it annoys me when i cant get into U2 songs haha!