1. I'll be interested to see it double-hosted, and for the 10 nominees for Best Picture. Though I have sneaking suspicions (maybe not so sneaking, since critics everywhere have already predicted) that Avatar will inappropriately sweep. It takes more than special effects and epic proportions to make a quality film, and unfortunately I don't think emotion is taken into effect by the Academy as much as it used to be. Films like "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" are what a best picture-quality film should be like- not necessarily a bunch of blue people jumping all over the place. I don't know if anyone can say that "Avatar" carried more emotional impact than "Dances With Wolves", and that already won best picture once.

Sorry for my little rant, its just going to irritate me if it wins everything. I understand that it truly is an epic, and that it took Cameron god-knows how many years to complete, and there really is a lot to it, but Axl Rose isn't winning any Grammy's for Chinese Democracy, is he?
  2. If it were up to me:

Bigelow -Best Director. Avatar-best picture. Bridges-Best Actor, Gabourey Sadibe-Best Actress Waltz -supporting actor, Anna Kendrick - Supporting Actress.
  3. Originally posted by Macphistfly: If it were up to me:

Bigelow -Best Director. Avatar-best picture. Bridges-Best Actor, Gabourey Sadibe-Best Actress Waltz -supporting actor, Anna Kendrick - Supporting Actress.

I support Bridges for Best Actor, but as a long-time Tarantino fan, I'm pining for him to win either Best Director or Best Original Screenplay...maybe not Best Picture, but at least one of those two. After all these years of what I consider mostly brilliant work, he deserves it, especially for the screenplay of IB.
  4. anybody know where I can find a good stream?

5. Dunno if they're actually streaming anywhere, unless you were to check the AA's official website...but I'm sure people will be on here live-updating this thread as people win. I can try to as much as possible, provided I end up watching most of it.

Can't make any promises, but this might be as good as it gets. The good jokes will be talked about, too
  6. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Dunno if they're actually streaming anywhere, unless you were to check the AA's official website...but I'm sure people will be on here live-updating this thread as people win. I can try to as much as possible, provided I end up watching most of it.

Can't make any promises, but this might be as good as it gets. The good jokes will be talked about, too
    cool

7. Christoph Waltz has won for Best Supporting Actor.

Up has won for Best Animated Feature. Yay.

The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart) has won for Best Original Song.