1. Originally posted by CrewTHIS TOPIC CONTAINS IMAGES OF THE CLAW AS IT HAS BEEN DESIGNED AND BUILT. IF YOU WANT TO GO FRESH TO A GIG WITH NO IDEA HOW IT LOOKS, DO NOT LOOK IN THIS TOPIC[/i]

Any thoughts/opinions/excitement about the new stage?

i think its a very innovative stage and really looking forward to how its played!
    it looks very new and fresh, but i heard from other bands who did this to, it didnt worked well...

last time it was allround was with Rattle and Hum right?

www.u2.com for a 3d clip of stage!

2. yeah i know! but in the R&H movie you have a shot where you can see the crowd behind larry...
  3. the idea of it is faulous imo, only the design of the ....whatever, roof ?! reminds me a bit too much of spiederman .

4. wich is great !

a giant spider and u2 right under it
  5. I like it, although I do have several questions concerning the construction, cos it looks like people sitting high up won't see one bit of the band. and what about that ring? it's not some sort of catwalk, but just supposed to build some sort of 'inner circle'? and it's open on one side, meaning that people can get in and out at all times, no need of any armbands that allow you to get in?
  6. Originally posted by flowerchild:I like it, although I do have several questions concerning the construction, cos it looks like people sitting high up won't see one bit of the band. and what about that ring? it's not some sort of catwalk, but just supposed to build some sort of 'inner circle'? and it's open on one side, meaning that people can get in and out at all times, no need of any armbands that allow you to get in?

you're right, I wondered about the same things already. anyhow i have great faith in the stage designer. I'm sure they will deliver the "promise" that every seat will be great.
  7. Should be cool, They Like to make best experience possible.
  8. Originally posted by flowerchild:I like it, although I do have several questions concerning the construction, cos it looks like people sitting high up won't see one bit of the band. and what about that ring? it's not some sort of catwalk, but just supposed to build some sort of 'inner circle'? and it's open on one side, meaning that people can get in and out at all times, no need of any armbands that allow you to get in?

i hope that ring is a suprise; from the stage comes a walk bridge(over the audience) too that ring for bono too get in touch with the audience ive seen that with the rolling stones voodoo lounge tour i think..

would be great too see
  9. Originally posted by ad87:[..]

i hope that ring is a suprise; from the stage comes a walk bridge(over the audience) too that ring for bono too get in touch with the audience ive seen that with the rolling stones voodoo lounge tour i think..

would be great too see

sounds cool I really hope it'll be used somehow. I got used to seeing bono run along those stages, I don't wanna miss it lol.
  10. This is as groundbreaking as the album was the radical shift...