1. Originally posted by toysfornoise:oi, I aint taking this boat ...
    also during concerts I feel it is taking away from the actual moment when you need to keep your camera steady, or type in the next song that is starting .... I mean, you will please loads of others, but I know I aint taking pics, too busy singing ! and watching and taking it all in ....

but hey, tastes differ

maybe blackberry will actually be doing the same, but then pay people to update the info, pay to take pictures etc ... then sell it to all of us, who cant attend the concert ...

great
    especially if that means the crowd will all stop waving these small light emitting evil devices, taking away from the conert experience, and adding to some ...

but hey
    enjoy what you do ..
    tweet tweet

If I'm posting a live setlist it will be one udate per every 4-5 songs when Bono is having a ramble. During the songs though I'll be lost in the moment. I'm not gonna waste by first U2 gig taking pictures and having my head buried in my phone. Oh no. Some pre-show pics of the stage before the gig will be uploaded then I'll snap one or 2 during it for upload afterwards

It's also worth noting that the live updates during gigs is only one minor feature of out twitter venture. Me and Remy are problably the only crew members that are equipped to update from inside the stadium so it's only gonna happen for a few shows throughout the tour. I'll certainly be posting updates from Croke. Will be very cool for everybody else and will take literally 30 seconds.

I hear your point though. I miss the days of seeing U2 DVD's with people in the crowd solely focused on the gig rather than focused on getting a decent video to upload to youtube or some shit. I lay my trust in others for some decent footage from the gig. One message every 5-6 songs in between songs will in no way detract from my experiences at each gig I attend whilst at the same time keep hundreds of our followers on the edge of their seat waiting for the next update.

It will be great to be able to post the first details from the opening night. We could post over-hearing a soundcheck, publish the first pictures of the claw anywhere on the internet. Our twitter account should be busy on June 30th.
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:If I'm posting a live setlist it will be one udate per every 4-5 songs when Bono is having a ramble. During the songs though I'll be lost in the moment. I'm not gonna waste by first U2 gig taking pictures and having my head buried in my phone. Oh no. Some pre-show pics of the stage before the gig will be uploaded then I'll snap one or 2 during it for upload afterwards

Definitely

That said, I haven't got a camera phone so I'm not worrying about it
  3. Hanging out for live twitter updates on the first night!
  4. We need to up our presence. If you search for U2 then we don't come up
  5. Feel free to follow MirroballMan
  6. Hmm, I'll try not to read those updates before it's July 21st. I don't want to think to myself : ''Oh, Pride has just ended. Now they'll play Unknown Caller''' or something. That would spoil a bit of fun when I'm in there...

Would be difficult not to follow, though..
  7. Any plans to stream the gigs via mobile like it was done by a few folks on the Vertigo tour?