1. how easy or how hard. Seems a little beyond my abilities

2. I know nothing about all these fancy mobile applications. The quality sucks anyway, but some folks liked it last tour. It was streamed via mobile to some kind of "internet radio" and up to about 30 listeners could enjoy the gig in 64k phone call quality...
    I was just wondering if there are plans for that. Technical abilities should be better than 4 years ago. I'm not sure if it's worth the effort and the cash, though.
  3. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

I know nothing about all these fancy mobile applications. The quality sucks anyway, but some folks liked it last tour. It was streamed via mobile to some kind of "internet radio" and up to about 30 listeners could enjoy the gig in 64k phone call quality...
    I was just wondering if there are plans for that. Technical abilities should be better than 4 years ago. I'm not sure if it's worth the effort and the cash, though.

I'll look into it. Data costs on a UK contract in Barcelona might rape me. Phone call quality coupled with GA might not be worth the effort though. My Phone does record great audio though. I might try it on a few songs but not the entire thing.
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

I'll look into it. Data costs on a UK contract in Barcelona might rape me. Phone call quality coupled with GA might not be worth the effort though. My Phone does record great audio though. I might try it on a few songs but not the entire thing.

There was something last tour we came across at this site, I believe, via some QuickTime or Apple technology, and someone was planning to stream a few tracks from the last Honolulu show and they'd be uploaded within the hour of me or by someone else in the group or as soon as possible to receiving those streams. We never got onto it, as it needed some kind of mobile software, which was way too complicated for in-show-use. Anyway, a DVD came out not too long after, as most would know, so it wasn't worth the trouble in the end.

That said, Twitter has some kind of photo upload service, Flickr does too and Facebook is always there, which I think you can send photos via a mobile site, but I'm not sure how well they work, as I've never used them before. Lots of advice floating around tells me that it's not too shabby.

The common man's advice (and it seems others here) is don't be doing it on your first show. You don't want memories of trying to do photos whilst enjoying yourself at your first-ever U2 show. Let someone else do the work and go for it at another show, maybe your second or third - if you're getting to several of them. Of course, it's always up to you what you do on a show. I wouldn't be worrying too much about quality audio taping. 64Kbps was fine for the Adelaide show last tour, which I had up in a couple of hours after getting back home. It was obviously terrible quality, but the sound was there - the whole first nine songs. But keep your eyes on what you went for...

I'd suggest just basic Twitter updates (maybe four or five) and maybe just one photo, if the data costs are that much, especially depending on if Barcelona has bloated rates for sending one photo. I know that's what I'll be trying to do...what networks are in use over in Barcelona?
  5. I'm not gonna do anything fancy for the Barcelona gig. I'll definitely twitter the setlist as it happens (1 post per 5-6 songs), I'll twitter a stage shot before the gig and maybe one in concert shot. They should be some of the first images on the Internet. I will look into that audio streaming stuff though for future gigs (I'll be seated at Croke 2 so possibly then)
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:I'm not gonna do anything fancy for the Barcelona gig. I'll definitely twitter the setlist as it happens (1 post per 5-6 songs), I'll twitter a stage shot before the gig and maybe one in concert shot. They should be some of the first images on the Internet. I will look into that audio streaming stuff though for future gigs (I'll be seated at Croke 2 so possibly then)

Good stuff. Looking forward to those live updates.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:I'm not gonna do anything fancy for the Barcelona gig. I'll definitely twitter the setlist as it happens (1 post per 5-6 songs), I'll twitter a stage shot before the gig and maybe one in concert shot. They should be some of the first images on the Internet. I will look into that audio streaming stuff though for future gigs (I'll be seated at Croke 2 so possibly then)

I might be able to do it from Cardiff.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:I'm not gonna do anything fancy for the Barcelona gig. I'll definitely twitter the setlist as it happens (1 post per 5-6 songs), I'll twitter a stage shot before the gig and maybe one in concert shot. They should be some of the first images on the Internet. I will look into that audio streaming stuff though for future gigs (I'll be seated at Croke 2 so possibly then)

Indeed one the first, but I think whole Twitter will drown in U2-pics then..and setlists lol
  9. Is that a valid reason not to do them ourselves? No.

10. Indeed..it isn't, but we're not the only. Was just pointing that out, but Gerard surely knows it too.
  11. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

Indeed..it isn't, but we're not the only. Was just pointing that out, but Gerard surely knows it too.

As long as we have enough people following our twitter by the time my gigs come around then I shall keep you updated. .
  12. molang7 has made her way to twitter. feel free to add me. trying to figure it out still. i think its a great application to u2start. nice work crew.