1. Hi,

I was wondering what the exact reason is why Bono is always wearing sunglasses?

It's definitely not the typical "rockstar thing" in the way of wanting to cover his eyes for other people or just wanting to look cool. I don't think Bono is that kind of person.
    The shades he is wearing always have see-through glasses, btw, so that anyone can still look into his eyes.

I've read something about him having problems with his eyes and especially when flashlight is used when people are taking pictures. And since there are ALWAYS people around taking pictures of him, I think that's the most plausible explanation, but I'm not quite sure.

Anyone?
  2. Originally posted by Rob1965:I've read something about him having problems with his eyes and especially when flashlight is used when people are taking pictures. And since there are ALWAYS people around taking pictures of him, I think that's the most plausible explanation, but I'm not quite sure.
    That is exactly the reason (U2byU2 and plenty of interviews). His eyes ache and turn red and he cries with the light, specially with strong lights as camera flashes or concert spots... So he has to wear glasses to prevent that. Moreover, he looks damn cool most of the time
  3. The real reason is that he thinks he's looking good with them. He doesn't realize that he looks like an idiot, though.
  4. Originally posted by yeah:The real reason is that he thinks he's looking good with them. He doesn't realize that he looks like an idiot, though.

sorry Sergio, but I like yeah's answer better.
  5. Epic (and probably right) as usual, Yeah
  6. I think I settle for the flashlight problems
  7. ...BTW, I think it's about time I'd purchase U2byU2 !!! I still haven't got that book (and it's essential to have ).

I will buy it before I go to the South of France this summer. That way, I can read it in the evenings when I sit on the veranda of my mobil home: a glass of red wine, a smoke and my sun glasses on!!
    No better way to relax in the evenings....
  8. Originally posted by Rob1965:...BTW, I think it's about time I'd purchase U2byU2 !!! I still haven't got that book (and it's essential to have ).

I will buy it before I go to the South of France this summer. That way, I can read it in the evenings when I sit on the veranda of my mobil home: a glass of red wine, a smoke and my sun glasses on!!
    No better way to relax in the evenings....
    It's essential, indeed Good plan you got there, by the way
  9. "I'm the Imelda Marcos of sunglasses" ......
    That's a good one! But it seems -like always- that the truth is somewhere in the middle. So it's like Bono says himself: part vanity, part sensitivity and part privacy.
    I do understand him completely about the privacy-part: just imagine everyone wanting to look at him, talk to him, be his "friend", etc.

Thanks for the link, Guam!
  10. Originally posted by Rob1965:I do understand him completely about the privacy-part: just imagine everyone wanting to look at him, talk to him, be his "friend", etc.
    It happens anyway (or even more) with the glasses