1. Great memories of this night, seven years ago today. I went with my (now ex-) girlfriend and my brother, whom some of you had the displeasure of meeting in October of last year That was his first U2 concert and I don't think he would've expected to be sitting on five now, which isn't bad going for a casual fan. I remember the day like it was yesterday. From picking up my A-level results that morning, to travelling to Sheffield, and soaking up the concert experience. We had seats for the night, as the £30 tickets were all we could afford back then. But security wasn't very strict and during Magnificent we made our way onto the field and slowly worked our way forward as people shifted around and went for drinks. There were many highlights for me from that night and I'll relive them later on by giving the bootleg a spin.
  2. Originally posted by iTim:Great memories of this night, seven years ago today. I went with my (now ex-) girlfriend and my brother, whom some of you had the displeasure of meeting in October of last year That was his first U2 concert and I don't think he would've expected to be sitting on five now, which isn't bad going for a casual fan. I remember the day like it was yesterday. From picking up my A-level results that morning, to travelling to Sheffield, and soaking up the concert experience. We had seats for the night, as the £30 tickets were all we could afford back then. But security wasn't very strict and during Magnificent we made our way onto the field and slowly worked our way forward as people shifted around and went for drinks. There were many highlights for me from that night and I'll relive them later on by giving the bootleg a spin.
    Haven't listened to this gig in ages..7 years already ?..damn.....I've been listening to all the great Springsteen European shows as of late , but Im due for some U2 , so this show will do....I wish Breath was brought back..such a good tune.........
  3. Originally posted by iTim:Great memories of this night, seven years ago today. I went with my (now ex-) girlfriend and my brother, whom some of you had the displeasure of meeting in October of last year That was his first U2 concert and I don't think he would've expected to be sitting on five now, which isn't bad going for a casual fan. I remember the day like it was yesterday. From picking up my A-level results that morning, to travelling to Sheffield, and soaking up the concert experience. We had seats for the night, as the £30 tickets were all we could afford back then. But security wasn't very strict and during Magnificent we made our way onto the field and slowly worked our way forward as people shifted around and went for drinks. There were many highlights for me from that night and I'll relive them later on by giving the bootleg a spin.
    Nice memories
    Wasn't it your first show as well?
  4. No, this was my second show after the first Wembley show.
  5. Oh, didn't remember you went to Wembley. Two brilliant shows!
  6. Originally posted by iTim:Great memories of this night, seven years ago today. I went with my (now ex-) girlfriend and my brother, whom some of you had the displeasure of meeting in October of last year That was his first U2 concert and I don't think he would've expected to be sitting on five now, which isn't bad going for a casual fan. I remember the day like it was yesterday. From picking up my A-level results that morning, to travelling to Sheffield, and soaking up the concert experience. We had seats for the night, as the £30 tickets were all we could afford back then. But security wasn't very strict and during Magnificent we made our way onto the field and slowly worked our way forward as people shifted around and went for drinks. There were many highlights for me from that night and I'll relive them later on by giving the bootleg a spin.
    Tell me what happened when the sound go off
  7. Glasgow ? not Sheffield ?
  8. Yes, Glasgow. Sheffield was top notch.
    The entire sound system dies briefly during Walk On but is restored quickly.