1. Its a decent enough song , but yes I don't blame you one bit . The band have way too many classics from Pablo - In Rainbows to choose from . We could all literally list dozens upon dozens of tunes from that great time period , over the Limbs lunacy.

I must admit though , Lotus Flower was indeed great at my Miami show , as that was it for Limbs madness so I was pleased .

That being said , Seattle should be a great show this evening .
  2. Originally posted by EDDMB:[..]
    Its a decent enough song , but yes I don't blame you one bit . The band have way too many classics from Pablo - In Rainbows to choose from . We could all literally list dozens upon dozens of tunes from that great time period , over the Limbs lunacy.

I must admit though , Lotus Flower was indeed great at my Miami show , as that was it for Limbs madness so I was pleased .

That being said , Seattle should be a great show this evening .
    Aaaaaaargh....I've said it two or three times already in the past month but I will say it again. When will these guys come back to Toronto?!!?!?!?

...and yes, Lotus Flower, imho, is really the only song from TKoL that's worth playing - especially, as Ed mentioned, compared to all the other stuff they could bring our instead.

How about Optimistic a little more often? Are they that sick of Just? Will Exit Music and/or Like Spinning Plates make their 2017 debut soon?

Awe, what do I care. I won't be there. (Is there a hissy fit emoji????)
  3. I will say that I really enjoyed all of Lotus Flower, Separator, and Bloom in New Orleans. Separator is my favorite song from the album and sounded great live. Bloom was pretty impressive live as well, especially seeing Jonny on the drums like that. I don't think I'd take any of those off my setlist.
  4. Originally posted by lestertriplett87:I will say that I really enjoyed all of Lotus Flower, Separator, and Bloom in New Orleans. Separator is my favorite song from the album and sounded great live. Bloom was pretty impressive live as well, especially seeing Jonny on the drums like that. I don't think I'd take any of those off my setlist.
    Well, they are Radiohead songs so they can't be that bad, can they?????

I do an annual listen to TKoL (I go through it once or twice) in hopes of learning to like it. It just never takes.
  5. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    I do an annual listen to TKoL (I go through it once or twice) in hopes of learning to like it. It just never takes.
    I wouldn't ever bother
  6. I like your most-recent Muse post (with all the MB breathing)...it reminds of some of the early Radiohead live performances of Optimistic (mind, it is live - not the studio version) where you can keep hearing Thom Yorke gasping for breath between the "try the best you can" lyrics.
    Edit: I think this is the version:

However, it's not as bad as I remember it.
  7. Fortunately, he seemed to have fixed the issue by 2008:
  8. Listen to the Live From the Basement edition. The album sounds much better there.
  9. Originally posted by RUMMY:I like your most-recent Muse post (with all the MB breathing)...it reminds of some of the early Radiohead live performances of Optimistic (mind, it is live - not the studio version) where you can keep hearing Thom Yorke gasping for breath between the "try the best you can" lyrics.
    Edit: I think this is the version: [YouTube Video]
    However, it's not as bad as I remember it.
    Thom is a heavy-breather too! I can't think of any other examples right now but I surely remember him breathing into the mic quite often too. I don't dislike it but I can see how it can be annoying to some!
  10. Spoiler (click to toggle)
    today
  11. I have that one, too. It's a bit better - and it has the awesome The Daily Mail.

Love that tune.