1. Hi, feffut!!! This is your fist post! Thanks for answer my requesting of setlists; I have some questions to you:
    Originally posted by feffut
    2.The Fly (the old Zoo TV style, not the way they played it on the Vertigo Tour)
    16. Acrobat
    18. Like a Song

Quite interesting! Can you explain this of "not the way they played on the VT"? I think the Zoo's and the Vertigo's The Fly are almost the same!
    And Acrobat and Like A Song...Such an illusion!!
    Thanks again for the contribution!

2. hello

Oh what a nice reception one gets here

About The Fly: On VT the sound is a bit different, at least in the recordings I've heard like Gothenburg and the Chicago DvD. His voice is does not sound the same as in Zoo TV (i know i was 15 years ago but i like the "deep-voice" style and the vocie effect in the refrain) In VT tour the Edge is also using an acoustic for The Fly. I may be wrong, it may just be the fact that U2 actually is 15 years older than they were in Zoo TV.

Acrobat is an old favourite of mine, I've heard that it wasnt working good live and therefore it wasnt played, but if they could make it work it would be awsome.

Like a Song, one of my favourites from War and as I'm a fan of U2's ballads, a concert also needs some songs with some speed, energy and Like A Song isn't played that much, not as common as Electric Co which is also a good song.
  3. I like ZooTV's The Fly also much more than this one, though the guitar work is really great on the Vertigo one Bono's voice was much better on ZooTV, much more deeper and more man-like And the "Achtung y'all!" in the middle of it was really great where nowadays it's only a spoken "Achtung y'all" instead of the ZooTV screams.
  4. Zoo Station
    Vertigo / Stories for Boys (snippet) / She Loves You (snippet)
    Until The End of The World
    Beautiful Day / Sgt. Peppers (Snippet) / Here Comes the Sun (snippet)
    Gone
    Elevation / Singing in the Rain (Snippet)
    All I Want Is You / End of the song with the repetative "All I want is... You!" transitions into Edge's guitar part for...
    City of Blinding Lights
    Original of the Species
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    Stay (Far Away, So Close!) acoustic
    Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World
    Running To Stand Still
    Where The Streets Have No Name
    One / Unchained Melody (snippet)

(encore)
    Pop Muzik/Mofo
    I Will Follow
    Last Night On Earth
    The Fly
    Kite

(encore)
    Show Me the Way To Go Home (Snippet) / Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
    Pride (In The Name of Love)
    Mysterious Ways
    With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)

(encore)
    Bad / The First Time (Snippet) / 40 (snippet)
  5. 01.City Of Blinding Lights
    02.Vertigo
    03.Until The End Of The World
    04.I Still Haven't Found I'm Looking For
    05.Out Of Control
    06.New Year's Day
    07.Miracle Drug
    08.Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    09.Miss Sarajevo
    10.All I Want Is You
    11.Even Better Than The Real Thing
    12.Discotheque
    13.Lemon
    14.Stay(Faraway,So Colse!)
    15.Please
    16.Bad
    17.Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    18.Walk On
    19.One
    20.WIth Or Without You
    21.Where The Streets Have No Name
    22.Pride

23.Zoo Staition
    24.The Fly
    25.Mysterious Ways
    26.Ultra Violet
    27.Original Of The Spicies
  6. Originally posted by yaz27.Original Of The Spicies

Great unusual ending, with Original Of The Spicies!!!
    I think that Original is a great song to finish the show, but how do you imagine it, acoustic or full band?

P.S. thanks for answering!
  7. Originally posted by feffutAcrobat is an old favourite of mine, I've heard that it wasnt working good live and therefore it wasnt played, but if they could make it work it would be awsome.
    Like Song isn't played that much, not as common as Electric Co which is also a good song.

Acrobat was never played live, your informations were wrong, it's not true it wasn't working; it never worked!!
    Like A Song was only performed once, in Dundee 1983-02-26, I think as you, a U2 concert would need some energy and rebel songs like it!
    Anyway, your setlist rocks!!!

P:S. You should download the Dundee's show, awesome performance and quite good sound.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]

Acrobat was never played live, your informations were wrong, it's not true it wasn't working; it never worked!!
    Like A Song was only performed once, in Dundee 1983-02-26, I think as you, a U2 concert would need some energy and rebel songs like it!
    Anyway, your setlist rocks!!!

P:S. You should download the Dundee's show, awesome performance and quite good sound.

They did rehearse it didn't they?
  9. Originally posted by RemyThey did rehearse it didn't they?

Yeah, of course! It was rehearsed at Hersey, 1992-08-06, but a rehearsal isn't a live performane!!

The rehearsal is recorded from out of the stadium, it's a must have if you like Acrobat! I think they were planning to begin the concert with Acrobat, because one of the cuts from the rehearsal was Acrobat + Zoo Station...
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]

Yeah, of course! It was rehearsed at Hersey, 1992-08-06, but a rehearsal isn't a live performane!!

The rehearsal is recorded from out of the stadium, it's a must have if you like Acrobat! I think they were planning to begin the concert with Acrobat, because one of the cuts from the rehearsal was Acrobat + Zoo Station...

Well, technically it is And it was accoustic.
  11. Hi! LikeASong
    I Like Original Of The Species Full Band Version(From Chicago DVD)
    But, I want to hear acoustic.

And It is a good acrobat tune.
    It recognized it again.

I'm sorry by poor English.