1. Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding all the bootlegs from the tour (except promo ones) sounding really flat, quiet and dull, especially when you compare these bootlegs (like 4/4.5 star ones) to the same leg as the Veritgo Tour (comparing audience recordings).

I have no trouble with the other bootlegs from other tours, but all the ones of late, aren't sounding that great.

Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing this. If not, please point me a bootleg that is sounding great because so far I have not heard it.

I don't mean to sound negative, it's just my opinion.

2. all outdoor this time so no lovely sounding arena shows. Barca 1 (edomondo), Milan 1 (Alysha), Berlin (wb) and Dublin 3 (Alysha) are several very good sounding shows that I have downloaded.
  3. Thanks, I'll check them out again, but the Milan 1 that everyone has been praising sounded particularly too quiet for me. I had to turn the volume right up to hear Bono in parts.
  4. Amsterdam and Gelsenkirchen were indoor, sound isnt that bad at all actually
  5. I'm glad with what we can get. And there are plenty 4-stars out there with every show except a Gothenburg gig being shared.

6. Amsterdam ArenA Arena is stadium without a roof or what do you mean with that?

Amsterdam I has pretty good sound if I may say so.
  7. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

Amsterdam ArenA Arena is stadium without a roof or what do you mean with that?

Amsterdam I has pretty good sound if I may say so.

Arena as in basketball or ice hockey arenas like those seen on the Boston and Chicago dvds. Not 60,000 seater stadiums that are named 'Arena'
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

Arena as in basketball or ice hockey arenas like those seen on the Boston and Chicago dvds. Not 60,000 seater stadiums that are named 'Arena'

Ah thanks for clearing up.
  9. As germcevoy already pointed out, stadiums make it harder to get a good sounding recording. Lots of distance, echo, wind, etc. to deal with ("indoor" locations like Amsterdam are even worse - sound wirls everywhere). That's even more valid for videos, btw.

Also, most of the (shared) recordings were taped by rather inexperienced people with rather low end gear. Everyone appreciates what they do for the community, but it's obvious that you won't get the same results as the peeps who taped for several years and invested 3 000$ in good mics.

I think we got a bunch of decent recordings online. Nothing stellar but lots of solid stuff. A lot is still passing under the radar but might see the light of day in the future.
    I'm curious what some of the US guys will do...

10. Originally posted by yeah:As germcevoy already pointed out, stadiums make it harder to get a good sounding recording. Lots of distance, echo, wind, etc. to deal with ("indoor" locations like Amsterdam are even worse - sound wirls everywhere). That's even more valid for videos, btw.

Also, most of the (shared) recordings were taped by rather inexperienced people with rather low end gear. Everyone appreciates what they do for the community, but it's obvious that you won't get the same results as the peeps who taped for several years and invested 3 000$ in good mics.

I think we got a bunch of decent recordings online. Nothing stellar but lots of solid stuff. A lot is still passing under the radar but might see the light of day in the future.
    I'm curious what some of the US guys will do...

Not too many fantastic Popmart recording spring to mind. 2 whole tours of very good arena recordings followed that so it should be interesting indeed.

11. Think we will get a 5 STAR next week the Sheffield show as reported on here is being broadcast live allover the UK be interesting what they play.....apart from the usual stuff.