1. No one, no one is blinder
    Than he who will not see
    No one, no one is blinder
    Than me
  2. Gonna kick the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight

Such a shame it's not actually Bono's...
  3. Bruce Cockburn, I was listening to that particular song earlier (Lovers in a Dangerous Time). Apparently U2 were also rehearsing another song of his from that album, If I Had A Rocket Launcher, for the Lovetown Tour but they weren't happy with it.
  4. Originally posted by iTim:Bruce Cockburn, I was listening to that particular song earlier (Lovers in a Dangerous Time). Apparently U2 were also rehearsing another song of his from that album, If I Had A Rocket Launcher, for the Lovetown Tour but they weren't happy with it.
    Really? Where did you read that? Interesting!
  5. Some info on U2wanderer, but doesn't mention the tour so I may have been mistaken as far that is concerned. But they definitely flirted with it.

Somewhere in the archive exists a U2 cover of “If I Had a Rocket Launcher” by Canadian singer Bruce Cockburn. It was recorded in January of 1989 along with “Dancing Barefoot,” “Fortunate Son,” “Unchained Melody,” and “Everlasting Love.” This version which was released, is a spoken word by Bono sitting speaking directly into the camera, recorded in 1997. Cockburn is quoted in “God Part II” — “Heard a singer on the radio late last night, He says he’s gonna kick the darkness, ‘Til it bleeds daylight” from Cockburn’s “Lovers in a Dangerous Time.” The cover of “If I Had a Rocket Launcher” was possibly to be used for the b-side to “God Part II” had that song been released.
  6. Originally posted by iTim:Some info on U2wanderer, but doesn't mention the tour so I may have been mistaken as far that is concerned. But they definitely flirted with it.

Somewhere in the archive exists a U2 cover of “If I Had a Rocket Launcher” by Canadian singer Bruce Cockburn. It was recorded in January of 1989 along with “Dancing Barefoot,” “Fortunate Son,” “Unchained Melody,” and “Everlasting Love.” This version which was released, is a spoken word by Bono sitting speaking directly into the camera, recorded in 1997. Cockburn is quoted in “God Part II” — “Heard a singer on the radio late last night, He says he’s gonna kick the darkness, ‘Til it bleeds daylight” from Cockburn’s “Lovers in a Dangerous Time.” The cover of “If I Had a Rocket Launcher” was possibly to be used for the b-side to “God Part II” had that song been released.
    I'd love to come across that recording. Cockburn is prolific.