1. Here is how Discogs classifies:

Unofficial Releases - Uncleared recordings, Bootlegs, Pirates, and Counterfeits

6.15.1. Discogs catalogs all audio releases, no matter their legal standing. We use the 'Unofficial Release' and 'Partially Unofficial' descriptions to tag and separate the releases that don't adhere to usual copyright law/s.

Sometimes it's hard to tell. The "Unofficial" colored release has the Island Records stamp on it and I've noticed the upcoming has Interscope stamp. Does this mean anything? Dunno. Nothing on Interscope page, but then again, for a label website, this means nothing. Especially if it's only going to be vinyl.

April 22 is Record Store Day, so maybe it has something to do with that.

All I know is for $25, I'll snatch up a copy and take my chances. I read this comes with download card, which leads me to believe it's official. Plus I just found a link to Amazon France that looks like War and 18 are being released as well:

https://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=is_r_p_n_date_3?fst=as:off&rh=n:301062,k:u2%20vinyle,p_n_date:183202031&keywords=u2%20vinyle&ie=UTF8&qid=1488400443&rnid=183199031&tag=shtv.france-21
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:Here is how Discogs classifies:

Unofficial Releases - Uncleared recordings, Bootlegs, Pirates, and Counterfeits

6.15.1. Discogs catalogs all audio releases, no matter their legal standing. We use the 'Unofficial Release' and 'Partially Unofficial' descriptions to tag and separate the releases that don't adhere to usual copyright law/s.

Sometimes it's hard to tell. The "Unofficial" colored release has the Island Records stamp on it and I've noticed the upcoming has Interscope stamp. Does this mean anything? Dunno. Nothing on Interscope page, but then again, for a label website, this means nothing. Especially if it's only going to be vinyl.

April 22 is Record Store Day, so maybe it has something to do with that.

All I know is for $25, I'll snatch up a copy and take my chances. I read this comes with download card, which leads me to believe it's official. Plus I just found a link to Amazon France that looks like War and 18 are being released as well:

https://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=is_r_p_n_date_3?fst=as:off&rh=n:301062,k:u2%20vinyle,p_n_date:183202031&keywords=u2%20vinyle&ie=UTF8&qid=1488400443&rnid=183199031&tag=shtv.france-21
    hmm they should do every album from Achtung to No Line
  3. Strange that they do War again.
  4. Yes, and yes!
  5. yseilys will give us the lowdown on unofficial releases.
  6. Just got this reply from Bull Moose Records:

Yes, it is coming out through universal music. they are actually using the same item number and UPC that they used in 2004, so my belief is that will be identical to the original release.

chad
    bullmoose.com
  7. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:Just got this reply from Bull Moose Records:

Yes, it is coming out through universal music. they are actually using the same item number and UPC that they used in 2004, so my belief is that will be identical to the original release.

chad
    bullmoose.com
    Awesome, it's about time I expanded my collection.
  8. Take that $100+ hawker bitches
  9. I've been collecting their early vinyl since 1980. I still have "I Will Follow" on 45, I first heard back in 1980. 1983 saw the release of the "Sunday Bloody Sunday" Maxi Single + Special U.S. Remixes of "New Year's Day" and "Two Hearts Beat As One" -remains one of my all time favourites. Both "October" and "Boy" have seen better days but love the inserts. "Wide Awake in America" is another personal favourite. A friend of mine has all the vinyl 45s from 1979 to 1987. Two standout singles were "Fire" in 1981 and "A Celebration" in 1982. I have "A Celebration" somewhere. Vinyl seems to be making a comeback within the U2 fraternity.
  10. Originally posted by daymo1202:I've been collecting their early vinyl since 1980. I still have "I Will Follow" on 45, I first heard back in 1980. 1983 saw the release of the "Sunday Bloody Sunday" Maxi Single + Special U.S. Remixes of "New Year's Day" and "Two Hearts Beat As One" -remains one of my all time favourites. Both "October" and "Boy" have seen better days but love the inserts. "Wide Awake in America" is another personal favourite. A friend of mine has all the vinyl 45s from 1979 to 1987. Two standout singles were "Fire" in 1981 and "A Celebration" in 1982. I have "A Celebration" somewhere. Vinyl seems to be making a comeback within the U2 fraternity.
    I have all that, although dont play the 45's much. You should find yourself a copy of U2 Three to complete your collection!
  11. My vinyl collection:

Albums:

Singles: