1. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:What do you guys think of Vinyl?

I love the extra large artwork. I think that's fantastic. I don't think the sound is all it's cracked up to be though. It doesn't sound any better than digital in my opinion.
    They're not meant to sound better than digital, really. Most original vinyl (meaning from back in the day) were recorded in analog before the advent of digital. Now, when you buy new vinyl, it is basically recorded from the same digital source, so won't sound any better.

For me, it's the enjoyment of the imperfection.. a little crackle at the intro, a little pop as the side ends... And for the good releases, you can marvel in the art and liner notes while listening without the need of a magnifying glass!

I will say this... No Line On The Horizon was made for vinyl, IMHO. It's just one of those classic records that while I have no scientific evidence to back me up, just sounds so damn much better to me on a turntable!
  2. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:What do you guys think of Vinyl?

I love the extra large artwork. I think that's fantastic. I don't think the sound is all it's cracked up to be though. It doesn't sound any better than digital in my opinion.

I LOVE VINYLS!!! (and cd)

Sound quality is good, large artwork is very cool. And to hold it and look at it while you play it is just awesome

3. Happy with my copy of HTDAAB
  4. Unofficial, which doesn't cost a fortune
  5. Excellent. It looks good. How does it sound? I've been wanting to purchase this but wanted to get a review from someone I can trust first!
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Excellent. It looks good. How does it sound? I've been wanting to purchase this but wanted to get a review from someone I can trust first!
    If you can wait for 3 weeks, I ordered it but I have to wait for my birthday
  7. I have listened to it a few times now and if you don't care about collectors value I don't see any reason to pay over the hundred Euros for the official pressing. The unofficial plays good.
  8. -

Wrong topic
  9. Finally treated myself to the "2 Date" album and 2 versions of the "Another Day" single last week.Also picked up a picture sleeve version of "A day without me" as my copy had a plain sleeve and "In God's country" on 7"
  10. We had a guy here once named bob who looooved vinyl