1. Came up for the idea with this when I realized how much better No Line on the Horizon sounded set against the backdrop of the recent Chicago snowfall.

Spring
    All That You Can't Leave Behind
    The Joshua Tree
    Achtung Baby
    Boy

Summer
    How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
    War
    Pop

Autumn
    The Unforgettable Fire
    October
    Rattle and Hum
    Under a Blood Red Sky

Winter
    No Line on the Horizon
    Zooropa

As a whole, these albums give off certain vibes of each of these seasons to me. I've felt this way about many particular albums from different artists (Smashing Pumpkins' "Adore" sounds better in winter, as does Coldplay's "Viva la Vida"), but never so much about a band's whole catalouge as U2's.
  2. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Came up for the idea with this when I realized how much better No Line on the Horizon sounded set against the backdrop of the recent Chicago snowfall.

Spring
    The Joshua Tree
    Achtung Baby
    Boy

Summer[/u]
    How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
    War
    Pop

Autumn[/u]
    The Unforgettable Fire
    October
    Rattle and Hum
    Under a Blood Red Sky

Winter[/u]
    No Line on the Horizon
    Zooropa

As a whole, these albums give off certain vibes of each of these seasons to me. I've felt this way about many particular albums from different artists (Smashing Pumpkins' "Adore" sounds better in winter, as does Coldplay's "Viva la Vida"), but never so much about a band's whole catalouge as U2's.

Great topic. I agree with your list almost to a tee.

Spring
    The Joshua Tree
    Boy

Summer
    Pop
    Achtung Baby

Autumn
    The Unforgettable Fire
    October
    Rattle and Hum
    Under a Blood Red Sky

Winter
    War
    How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
    Zooropa

I'm still on the fence about where to put No Line. I haven't experienced it in all seasons yet. Leaning towards summer...

What made you put AB as a spring album? I'm curious to know, since it always sounded too heavy for me to put it anywhere but summer...
  3. I think that most U2 albums feel most like Winter. The only ones that I think fit else where are Rattle & Hum through Pop.
  4. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:[..]

Great topic. I agree with your list almost to a tee.

Spring
    The Joshua Tree
    Boy

Summer[/u]
    Pop
    Achtung Baby

Autumn[/u]
    The Unforgettable Fire
    October
    Rattle and Hum
    Under a Blood Red Sky

Winter[/u]
    War
    How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
    Zooropa

I'm still on the fence about where to put No Line. I haven't experienced it in all seasons yet. Leaning towards summer...

What made you put AB as a spring album? I'm curious to know, since it always sounded too heavy for me to put it anywhere but summer...

I've always associated Achtung with rebirth. The songs sound blossoming to me, with the creations of new and unheard U2 sounds. Songs like So Cruel and Acrobat seem to fit best with windows streamed with rain, while songs like Mysterious Ways, Even Better Than the Real Thing, and Zoo Station seem to have a bit of chill to them, but its' clear they're trying to warm up into something really bright

Alright, so maybe I took the metaphors a little too far Sue me

But yeah, there's actually a streetlight right outside my driveway, and whenever the street is wet from a fresh spring rain, and I pull in at night underneath that streetlight as it makes the wet street gleam, Achtung Baby is what I want to hear. It's a hard thing to explain.

5. I like this selection alot, especially the second half, listened to White as Snow while driving home in the snow today...felt awesome
  6. Originally posted by Doc32:[..]

I like this selection alot, especially the second half, listened to White as Snow while driving home in the snow today...felt awesome

"Cedars of Lebanon" almost takes on a whole new meaning in the blank white atmosphere that Chicago and the surrounding suburbs have turned into throughout today.
  7. Summer:
    - Boy
    - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
    - Rattle and Hum

Autumn:
    - October
    - The Unforgettable Fire
    - Achtung Baby
    - POP

Winter:
    - Zooropa
    - No Line in The Horizon

Spring:
    - War
    - Joshua Tree
    - All That You Cant Leave Behind

There could be many topics like these: there are albums I like to listen when it´s day, others when it´s night, some when I´m blue, others when I´m glad and so on... great idea indeed!

8. Any particular reasoning for this choice? The reasons are what I find most interesting....these could really help people listen to music in a totally different way based on the imagery created in association with the seasons.
  9. Spring
    Pop
    Achtung Baby
    No Line

Summer
    No Line
    Achtung Baby
    Pop

Fall
    Achtung Baby
    Zooropa
    Pop