1. The only albums I can associate a season to are Pop=summer and Boy+War=winter. The rest are just a mix of feelings and ambiences, way too hard to categorize them.
  2. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Any particular reasoning for this choice? The reasons are what I find most interesting....these could really help people listen to music in a totally different way based on the imagery created in association with the seasons.

Well, it´s because I often associate songs like Mofo, Last Night on Earth, Gone, Velvet Dress, Please, Wake Up Dead Man and the others with the feeling in autumn, getting darker, introspective and reflective. I was even doubting in between autumn and winter. It´s such a deep, DARK and heavy album in terms of emotion that I couldn´t put it in summer. It´s not very hopefull too, so not spring. Thinking rationally that´s why, but don´t know exactly hehehehe
  3. Not completely directly related to the subject, but I bought Achtung Baby in the winter so I always associate it with the end of the year etc.
  4. Spring:
    All That You can't Leave Behind
    Zooropa
    Rattle and Hum

Summer:
    Pop
    Boy
    How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Autumn:
    The Joshua Tree
    Achtung Baby
    The Unforgettable Fire

Winter:
    No Line on the Horizon
    War
    October
  5. For me ATYCLB will always be autumn/winter when the album first came out as it brings back so many great memories of that time for me.
  6. Winter:
    War
    Boy
    TUF
    October
    NLOTH

Spring:
    Zooropa
    Pop

Summer:
    TJT
    R & H
    AB

Autumn:
    ATYCLB
    HTDAAB
  7. Just remembered my creation of this topic- and I have to say, I move "The Unforgettable Fire" into summer as opposed to autumn. With it being 4th of July today (holiday for Americans, celebrating independence), I want to play TUF in its entirety because I'm just now realizing how much more that album belongs to the heart of the summer.

So let this serve as a bump- anyone else want to categorize/share?
  8. Ill give this a shot

Winter
    Boy
    War
    No line on the horizon

Spring
    October
    Rattle and hum
    All that you cant leave behind

Summer
    The joshua tree
    Achtung baby
    Zooropa

Fall
    The unforgettable fire
    Pop
    How to dismantle an atomic bomb
  9. I always think Achtung should be an album for winter, with its dark and chilling sounds
  10. If I had to pick just one per season, it'd look like this:

Spring - The Joshua Tree
    Summer - Pop
    Autumn - Achtung Baby
    Winter - The Unforgettable Fire
  11. One for each season.

Spring - Achtung Baby
    Summer- No Line On The Horizon
    Fall - ATYCLB
    Winter - The Joshua Tree
  12. Originally posted by haytrain:If I had to pick just one per season, it'd look like this:

Spring - The Joshua Tree
    Summer - Pop
    Autumn - Achtung Baby
    Winter - The Unforgettable Fire

like your selection a lot

might swap No Line for Unforgettable Fire