1. Originally posted by JuJuman:[..]
    I agree on the first two; not sure about Winter, and even CB. BOYH should have been SOE's closer. Not that bland recycled muffled patchwork of a 13 song. (There, I've said it!)
    All the songs with Bono on the Five Cent Hotel Movie about Mumbling Bumbling People with no Story or Plot would have fit on ATYCLB, and all are better than Wild Honey or Grace

Fast Cars is good, but we all know Mercy in any form should have been on it.

If you take the 1960's Star Trek theme sounding opera out of the end of Winter, it is better than 3 or so songs on NLOTH

Ballroom, Lucifer's Verified Ticket Scam, Ordinary Love, Invisible, are all better than most of SOI, and EBW(acoustic) Better than Ryan Teddy Bear Tedder version.

Book Of Your Heart better than at least 3 on SOE

NLOTH could have also used Soon as an intro, as the concert itself screamed for a better track listing for the album which I do here:

Soon
    Breathe
    Magnificent
    Window In The Skies (No Greatest Hits In My World)
    No Line On The Horizon
    Get On Your Boots
    Stand Up Comedy
    Being Born(Hold The Fez Please)
    I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
    Winter(Star Trek Opera Theme ending removed)
    Moment Of Surrender
    Cedars Of Lebanon
  2. And no remastered Rattle And Hum? A simple disgrace. They simply believed the hype and the critics and have shame on the era and don't even have a clue how great it was.
  3. Originally posted by pleasegone:And no remastered Rattle And Hum? A simple disgrace. They simply believed the hype and the critics and have shame on the era and don't even have a clue how great it was.
    In 2015 Edge said that they were working on it
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I appreciate what you're saying,

but no.

WOWY is an INCREDIBLE song and I can't stand listening to it anymore because it's overplayed to death both by the band and by the radio.

So no, I can definitely tell when a song is better than another, isolating that from the fact that I enjoy more listening to songs that haven't been burned out by overplaying (from my side or the band's side).

i get what you say.....some songs ( bsides ) are really better than the songs from the albums....
    for example...look at the bsides from The Joshua Tree....fantastic!!
  5. Originally posted by Fly40:[..]

i get what you say.....some songs ( bsides ) are really better than the songs from the albums....
    for example...look at the bsides from The Joshua Tree....fantastic!!
    Yes, but better than the songs on the album? They are also a bit different in style.
  6. (I think they were recorded later.)

What if R&H had been a studio album with the JT b-sides plus the 1988 studio material...
  7. Rattle & Hum was re-released in 2002, it was a (2) 180gm. 12" vinyl and in my opinion some re-mastering had been done (it states "mastered from original tapes"), also recently iTunes released the albums in their "Mastered For iTunes - MFiT" series and Rattle and Hum is noted as being re-mastered. Also aside from the original VHS, a DVD was released as well as a Blu-ray which is a considerable audio improvement.

At the time when it came out U2 was the biggest band in the world, the album itself is very good, I would agree though that it should have been split into studio and live tracks instead of mixed together

A few years ago I made my own version on 2 CD's

"For Love Or Money" (Studio Tracks)

01 - Hawkmoon 269
    02 - Hallelujah Here She Comes
    03 - Desire
    04 - Everlasting Love
    05 - Angel Of Harlem
    06 - A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
    07 - Van Diemen's Land
    08 - Love Rescue Me
    09 - Freedom For My People
    10 - Jesus Christ
    11 - When Love Comes To Town
    12 - Unchained Melody
    13 - God Part II
    14 - Dancing Barefoot
    15 - Heartland
    16 - All I Want Is You

"Outside It's America" (Live Tracks)

01 - The Star Spangled Banner
    02 - Bullet The Blue Sky
    03 - Where The Streets Have No Name
    04 - All Along The Watchtower
    05 - In God's Country
    06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    07 - Exit
    08 - Silver And Gold
    09 - Helter Skelter
    10 - Bad
    11 - MLK
    12 - Running To Stand Still
    13 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
    14 - One Tree Hill
    15 - With Or Without You
    16 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)
  8. That's why they "become" bsides...cos they're different
  9. An anymous source has informed me about something we may be getting in the next few years. A 2 CD remaster of All That You Can't Leave Behind as well as a 2 CD and 1 DVD version like the UF and JT ones from 2007.

CD 1 is the 2018 vinyl remaster. (With the ground beneath her feet included)

CD 2 has the following tracklist:

Electrical Storm (2018 Remaster)
    The Hands that Built America (2018 Remaster)
    Stateless (2018 Remaster)
    Summer Rain (2018 Remaster)
    Flower Child (2018 Remaster)
    Always (2018 Remaster)
    Love You Like Mad (2018 Remaster)
    Levitate (2018 Remaster)
    Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix) (2018 Remaster)
    Beautiful Day (Quincey & Sonance Mix) (Remaster)
    Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix) (Remaster)
    Walk On (Single Version) (Remaster)

The DVD will include the Slane Castle Show, The Irving Plaza Show, The Superbowl Show and a documentery similar to "A Year In Pop".

CD 2 and the DVD will feature different cover art work similar to the JT remaster.
  10. Seems plausible enough for 2020, though I’m not sure if ATYCLB would need a remaster being made fairly recently... how about some unreleased material, U2? Would that kill ya?
  11. Wouldn't surprise me considering how popular that album was/is. Shame Pop hasn't gotten this treatment.
  12. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Seems plausible enough for 2020, though I’m not sure if ATYCLB would need a remaster being made fairly recently... how about some unreleased material, U2? Would that kill ya?
    When they released the vinyl earlier this year, that version was a slight remaster. The version in the box set is that version.