1. 10 years ago today, an unbelievable show, especially when you were spoiler free!
  2. Ive been revisiting the 360 tour. Cant believe its been 10 years already . The 2010 European leg was great . Debut of 6 new tunes , crazy stage set up , lots of energy . Too bad none of these shows have been released in full . Been listening back to a few of these gigs during the summer , Brussels (X2) , Rome , Munich, Paris, Coimbra (X2) and Turin . So much energy .
  3. Bono has aged 20 years in that time...
  4. That European leg of the 360 tour was a blast. They were top form, Bono was really giving his all after undergoing surgery a few months earlier, and the band seemed to be really into the tour while still retaining many of the 360 tunes that would then disappear when they started turning it into a Achtung Baby/Greatest Hits tour. Some of these gigs are among U2's finest ever (Zurich 2, Brussels 1, San Sebastian, Rome).

My only complaint is that Beautiful Day did NOT work as a pseudo-opener at all, it didn't in bootleg and it didn't when I was there. If only they had gone from Stingray Guitar straight into I Will Follow that would have been a different story!
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:That European leg of the 360 tour was a blast. They were top form, Bono was really giving his all after undergoing surgery a few months earlier, and the band seemed to be really into the tour while still retaining many of the 360 tunes that would then disappear when they started turning it into a Achtung Baby/Greatest Hits tour. Some of these gigs are among U2's finest ever (Zurich 2, Brussels 1, San Sebastian, Rome).

My only complaint is that Beautiful Day did NOT work as a pseudo-opener at all, it didn't in bootleg and it didn't when I was there. If only they had gone from Stingray Guitar straight into I Will Follow that would have been a different story!
    I wasn't in Turin but next show in Frankfurt. It was really great (good spot, a lot of place around me, Kasabian as open act, new songs, some different songs than last year...). And you're right, Stingray right into IWF would have been blast. Beautiful day ruined it.

6. It was a great night !
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:That European leg of the 360 tour was a blast. They were top form, Bono was really giving his all after undergoing surgery a few months earlier, and the band seemed to be really into the tour while still retaining many of the 360 tunes that would then disappear when they started turning it into a Achtung Baby/Greatest Hits tour. Some of these gigs are among U2's finest ever (Zurich 2, Brussels 1, San Sebastian, Rome).

These were definitely the most fun shows to follow. Regardless of your thoughts about the quality of the unreleased tunes, nothing was more fun than every show potentially including a song no one had ever heard before.
  8. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    I wasn't in Turin but next show in Frankfurt. It was really great (good spot, a lot of place around me, Kasabian as open act, new songs, some different songs than last year...). And you're right, Stingray right into IWF would have been blast. Beautiful day ruined it.
    Did you eventually go spoiler-free? Can't remember (although I was reading the first few pages of this thread yesterday and saw you, Matt, Kirsten etc talking about the ups and cons of going spoiler-free)
  9. Originally posted by superchuk5:[..]
    These were definitely the most fun shows to follow. Regardless of your thoughts about the quality of the unreleased tunes, nothing was more fun than every show potentially including a song no one had ever heard before.
    Haha I remember the faces of the people around me when they started playing Mercy in San Sebastian (also, right after Spanish Eyes)... Most fans were like
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:That European leg of the 360 tour was a blast. They were top form, Bono was really giving his all after undergoing surgery a few months earlier, and the band seemed to be really into the tour while still retaining many of the 360 tunes that would then disappear when they started turning it into a Achtung Baby/Greatest Hits tour. Some of these gigs are among U2's finest ever (Zurich 2, Brussels 1, San Sebastian, Rome).

They played pretty much the same number of songs from NLOTH each night from leg 3 onwards, magnificent missing a good few late on in the tour, so it had already became partly a greatest hits tour although the introduction of unreleased songs gave it a fresh twist and the shows definitely seemed quite different when they went for a bit of an AB tribute, better though imo. I quite liked beautiful day as the ‘opener‘ but was never massively keen on stingray it became a lot better as Lucifers Hands with lyrics. Bono just randomly shouting ‘stingray, stingray guitar‘ was a bit odd. The thing I love about 360 as a whole is when you put the legs and the tour together the variety in the shows is excellent. If you had seen 1 show from each leg there was a lot to witness. A lot of different songs, different vibes from the show it seems. Hard to believe really how the Setlist changed so much. 13 songs played on the final night that weren’t played on the opening night of the tour. Admittedly 2 of them were like bonus songs in out of control and 40.
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]Hard to believe really how the Setlist changed so much. 13 songs played on the final night that weren’t played on the opening night of the tour.
    YES. That has no precedent before or after in U2's touring history and is an absolute landmark. The setlist we saw in Barcelona 2009 was >50% different from what Moncton got. It's unprecedented for U2, and yet another reason why this tour is head and shoulders above all the rest (except Zoo TV).