1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I know, they're just guidelines, but... they're pretty reliable in every single concert I attend (and I attend plenty of them every year). If they fail, it's just for a few minutes, and mostly on the main act hour. But that time for Frankfurt guide is absurd, they can't pretend U2 to go out 75 minutes after Kasabian, that's non-sense (unless Kasabian play 3 songs and a one-song encore - then it fits). I know stage times are only guides, but they use to be pretty much accurate.

I've never been to a concert where stage times were nearly accurate. Might vary from country to country, I guess.

Anyway, as soon as Kasabian is on, you know that 90 minutes later U2 will take the stage.
  2. Speaking of Kasabian. What are they like? Never heard much of them

3. Here are some hits. They're big friends of the Gallagher brothers, but they lack their swagger (and, dare I say, inspiration?) at the end of the day:

Anyone knows about Interpol?

4. Is it wrong that I have never ever heard Interpol? Couldn't even tell you what style of music they are... Anyone know if they're any good?...
  5. Originally posted by ScottCroft:[..]

Is it wrong that I have never ever heard Interpol? Couldn't even tell you what style of music they are... Anyone know if they're any good?...

Would like to know too, gonna see them in Brussels. Will check out the Kas songs after dinner.
  6. i've heard interpol and i think they're total garbage. that being said though i do tend to hate most of u2's opening acts, one of the few things that made me not want to kill myself when my us shows were cancelled was the prospect of getting to see a better opener than interpol, but if you like a lot of the other bands they've had open for them recently (like snow patrol) you'll probably like them. I have some songs by kasabian too and i actually think they're pretty good, if i were given the opportunity to choose the band to open for the shows i was going to (out of the openers they'd already announced) it would have been kasabian.

but that's probably not saying much....
  7. Since all show topics go to hell sooner or later and since the one for Hanover isn't open yet: That's how it looks there today.

8. shame there is no webcam in Hannover

as for Kasabian, my favorite song (as I don't know many of them, truth be told ) is Underdog:

9. Originally posted by I_LIKE_U2:i've heard interpol and i think they're total garbage. that being said though i do tend to hate most of u2's opening acts, one of the few things that made me not want to kill myself when my us shows were cancelled was the prospect of getting to see a better opener than interpol, but if you like a lot of the other bands they've had open for them recently (like snow patrol) you'll probably like them. I have some songs by kasabian too and i actually think they're pretty good, if i were given the opportunity to choose the band to open for the shows i was going to (out of the openers they'd already announced) it would have been kasabian.

but that's probably not saying much....

Oasis, Velvet Underground and Pearl Jam opened U2 shows in the past! I'm not very fond of Snow Patrol, though many U2starters like them. I also thought Elbow were fantastic last year.
  10. Let's keep the discussion to Frankfurt. Thanks.