1. Originally posted by LikeASong:Strangely ironic:

They still don't consider The Return Of The Stingray Guitar an actual song of the show, just like if it was part of the intro and/or wasn't played live.

thats a good sign i think. the finished version should be longer/better. may have some actual lyrics too.
  2. Which song is that pic from? He only kneels in Moment Of Surrender, doesn't he?

EDIT. Well, maybe Mysterious Ways (on your knees, boy!!) too...
  3. end of Crazy/start of SBS. will upload it in hd later

4. no, made by a friend of mine who was just a few meters to the left
  5. Frankfurt. Show day.

Today saw the first of many 'commuting' days from Nice. These days are a little crazy and can feel akin to a military manoeuvre, but there are advantages to being based in one place for a while (not having to lug so much gear to every show being probably the most noticeable). It also means that the band can bring guests with them for the day, so I was surprised and delighted to see Michael Stipe on the plane. I worked with R.E.M. for about ten years, so know their organisation well (lovely folks). I also knew that (like me and a few other passengers on the plane) Michael had turned 50 this past year so we traded observations on the weird wonder of finding yourself being far older than you feel inside. I turned 40 at an R.E.M. show in upstate New York and we agreed that this only felt like a heartbeat ago.

The stadium in Frankfurt has quite a small footprint with steeply raked seating close to the pitch. This gives it a cauldron-like feel and is the perfect kind of venue for our show, only slightly marred by the gigantic scoreboard hanging directly in front of the pylon.

Overall we had another great show, which will be good for communal confidence, though I still want to play with the set some more. I'm not sure that we have 'Act I' quite nailed, and besides, it helps to keep the show alive if we don't let it settle down too much. Spectacular blunder of the night went to Team Stage Management who apparently spaced out on the fact that New Year's Day requires the piano. The song was placed very early in the set and I guess somebody somewhere didn't put two and two together, so when Edge when upstage to play the intro the piano was conspicuous by its absence. Without missing a beat Edge improvised on guitar, which lent an interesting punk feel to the song, until the piano emerged from its trapdoor in underworld.

I joined the 'runner' back to the plane during Moment of Surrender, and a couple of hours later was back on my balcony. That's a pretty full day
  6. Willie's Diary? Brilliant
  7. I simply cannot help laughing my ass off everytime I hear Edge shouting desperately "PIANO!!!" at the start of New Year's Day. It's the only track truly I listen to (or video I watch) from Frankfurt after all this days, and I still find it extremely funny
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:I simply cannot help laughing my ass off everytime I hear Edge shouting desperately "PIANO!!!" at the start of New Year's Day. It's the only track truly I listen to (or video I watch) from Frankfurt after all this days, and I still find it extremely funny

It is funny indeed haha, listened to it yesterday and right before the song really kicks in he shouts it.
  9. Yep it's funny, I noticed it during the show and I just thought it was a new arrangement

Great great recording by the way, Turin is a better gig, but the sound quality
  10. This multicam is going to be a beautiful nightmare. It took me 4 hours to edit this...too many good cams (well, not during the first 20ish seconds tho )! However, enjoy this first draft:

(video might still be processing)