1. Cheers to this album's influence hopefully affecting SOE!
  2. Cheers to this album's influence hopefully affecting SOE!
  3. Ooooh Zooropa.
  4. Love this album, features my favourite u2 song stay and has some underrated classics, Lemon and zooropa for starters. The Wanderer was the only one I wasn't overly keen on but then they did the version for Johnny Cash tribute and completely changed my mind. No weaknesses on this album.
  5. I think Zooropa is underrated, including by U2 fans. It really goes down the rabbit hole they poked into on Achtung Baby in regards to technology, electro and DJ culture. Also in regards to the music as commercial product and the way that ties in with what we saw live with things like the Mirrorball Man and other aspects of Zoo TV that only came out after AB was finished. We hear that right away with the slogans and ad lines in the title track and it continues from a customer/voyeur perspective in Babyface.

I think the songs aren't quite as even as AB, but they are consistently good. The first 5 tracks are consistently good, while it's obvious why "Stay" is the one consistently played the most I think. I think the mask slips off some in songs like Dirty Day and The First Time and we get things that could have fit on other past albums, which is not a bad thing for fans but maybe feels less cohesive. I love using the Cash version of "The Wanderer" and the contrast of his deep tones with Bono's falsetto is magic.

As you can see from my av, I've read the Flanagan book and the parts about the creation of these songs religiously (including the battle over using the Bono-only "Wanderer" which Eno and other band members wanted) and maybe that makes me biased, but Zooropa should have bigger standing in the history of U2 IMO.
  6. Laying down listening to Pop and I think Miami belongs in Zooropa!
  7. Well, many Pop's songs are Zooropa's outtakes, if I'm not wrong.
  8. Zooropa as Pop or Passengers are " sperimental" albums that have to be considerated a world apart
    If you all can notice,nowadays,they dont play any songs from these albums Live.
    Surely good albums.but different.like the Bowie Berlin trilogy of Low.Lodger.Heroes.
  9. Originally posted by Fly40:Zooropa as Pop or Passengers are " sperimental" albums that have to be considerated a world apart
    If you all can notice,nowadays,they dont play any songs from these albums Live.
    Surely good albums.but different.like the Bowie Berlin trilogy of Low.Lodger.Heroes.
    Ehmm....Miss Sarajevo ?
  10. ...with Stay maybe the only two they play....