1. I agree with Alvin in some parts. Interpol has some good songs from what I've heard last night but they bored me too. A lot of songs have the same rythm and the same tempo. They played for an hour last night and after 30 minutes I couldn't resist to look on my watch from time to time.

I prefer Elbow and Snow Patrol by miles. Enjoyed Elbow's One Day Like This over the PA more than the whole Interpol-set.
  2. Interpol
  3. Quite liked them in Brussels. Don't know any of their songs, but one was something with 'Sweeeeet', sounded really nice.
  4. Originally posted by MWSAH: A lot of songs have the same rythm and the same tempo. They played for an hour last night and after 30 minutes I couldn't resist to look on my watch from time to time.

+1
  5. Originally posted by dieder:Quite liked them in Brussels. Don't know any of their songs, but one was something with 'Sweeeeet', sounded really nice.

That's Barricade, and he actually sings 'to keep us away' not 'sweeet'.
  6. I've just decided I'm going to like this band (just like I decided to love The Stones, The Beatles and Radiohead).

If Bono likes it, I will
  7. Worst band I've ever seen live ever. Couldn't wait for their set to end. Just a monotonous headache of guitar parts that sounded like they were poorly improvised and made no musical sense, with the endless snare-on-every-count drumming and horrible vocalizations. Sorry to rip so bad on them...they were just godawful for my taste.
  8. I like them, IMO they're a good band, of course not a graet band, but they aren't boring for me.

My wife agrees with Matt
  9. I actually enjoyed their performance opening for U2 in Philly. I enjoyed Success and Barricade and a few others. Nothing compared to U2 of course but I still enjoyed them, maybe I'll check them out in the future
  10. It would been awesome to see Interpol as the opening act for U2, but I got Keane which I didn't know at 2005 - didn't pay too much attention to them on the show - shame on me - but, hey, it was my first U2 show and I wanted it to start!