1. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    Was just listening to HTDAAB and thought besides Vertigo and COBL the whole album is underated.. Can't understand why people (some) don't like this album. SYCMIOYO, Original OTS (forgot to add that to the list) MD, AMAAW, are all great songs. Only song I don't like on the album is CFYT.
    I think HTDAAB is underrated as an album too. None of the songs fall completely flat. I like all of them quite a bit; it's a very consistent and solid record. A Man and a Woman is a special favourite. My friend and I were belting along with it in the car earlier.
  2. Scarlet
  3. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I think HTDAAB is underrated as an album too. None of the songs fall completely flat. I like all of them quite a bit; it's a very consistent and solid record. A Man and a Woman is a special favourite. My friend and I were belting along with it in the car earlier.
    It is very solid as far as not getting flat. You don't feel like the album is sliding down a slope as you listen to it. The whole album is strong, one of the strongest U2 albums.
  4. Elvis Presley And America.
    Always been on my top 5 of all time, maybe top 3, all the way up along with the likes of Bad and Zooropa.
    Yet, never played live, unknown for most non hardcore fans, and hated by many hardcore ones.
  5. Original of the Species and Dirty Day. There are so many when you go back and listen its hard to stop listing them.
  6. Originally posted by Bloodraven:Elvis Presley And America.
    Always been on my top 5 of all time, maybe top 3, all the way up along with the likes of Bad and Zooropa.
    Yet, never played live, unknown for most non hardcore fans, and hated by many hardcore ones.
    Took me a long time to get into this one, but it is an amazing song. One part of me wishes they had 'finished' it, worked out a real song from it, because I know that could've been an epic anthem. On the other hand, how fragile and off the cuff it is makes it special. I kind of wish there could've been both...
  7. Shadows and Tall Trees
    So Cruel
    Promenade

8. That fragility is a key part of that song... The anguish and emotion in the voice, even the sad "nonsensical" bonolese lyrics... also the feeling that the song is going somewhere and then it holds back, but at the end sort of gets there, that sort of aimless structure I find it in two more songs: Bad and Mercy. The three of them in my all time top 5.
    (Promenade is too short, otherwise it fits perfectly in that group)
  9. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

That fragility is a key part of that song... The anguish and emotion in the voice, even the sad "nonsensical" bonolese lyrics... also the feeling that the song is going somewhere and then it holds back, but at the end sort of gets there, that sort of aimless structure I find it in two more songs: Bad and Mercy. The three of them in my all time top 5.
    (Promenade is too short, otherwise it fits perfectly in that group)
    Even its totally improvised lyrics have some really great lines in there... 'and your heart, so cold when I'm with you' is great, and 'the king that howled has howled' is a special favourite of mine.
  10. Another Time, Another Place
    Please
    Gone