1. i'd have to say "the first time"
  2. i think moment of surrender is the best song of NLOH and the songwritting of the song is one of the best ever

My favorite song ever
  3. A few days back I found myself in this most awkward position:

watching the Beautiful Day and Streets performances from Slane Castle on my computer, seeing the joy and positive feelings from the music and the crowd, the band in full emotion, just made me cry, I don't know what it was, I guess it's just the amazing power of this band. They mean everything to me. Many tears fell on the ground.
  4. Originally posted by dieder:A few days back I found myself in this most awkward position:

watching the Beautiful Day and Streets performances from Slane Castle on my computer, seeing the joy and positive feelings from the music and the crowd, the band in full emotion, just made me cry, I don't know what it was, I guess it's just the amazing power of this band. They mean everything to me. Many tears fell on the ground.

Those moments are amazing and meaningful. I really wish everyone could be moved to tears just like that, I can and it's a blessing.
  5. I Still Haven't Found @ Wembley 1 2009 - remember welling up then, amazing experience.

I can't think of too many occasions when I've listened to U2 songs and felt visibly emotional; depending upon my mood and state of being, Streets and Walk On have affected me as such. A couple of other songs that I always feel emotional listening to are 'Life Is' and 'Thairis Air A Ghleann [Beyond the Valley]' by Runrig, but I shall steer clear of that to avoid going too OT.
  6. I know far well it's not a U2 song by any means, but I thought we had a thread for ALL songs that make you cry...I searched, and only this came up...

I just listened to "Christmas Lights" Coldplay, and for some unexplainable reason, the waterworks just really turned on when Chris Martin sang "When you're still waiting for the snow to fall, it doesn't really feel like Christmas at all."

I guess it's not an unexplainable reason..."feels like Christmas!" isn't an unheard of way to say how good something feels, or especially how excited you are for something...but when you're still waiting for even the sketches of something to happen to excite you- especially something in particular, that you have your mind on, that you'd give anything to have happen- just aren't there...it doesn't really feel like Christmas at all.

Couple that with the piano part that follows the line...

No crying on Christmas; its too happy of a holiday...Guess I'd better scratch this one off the list then. It'll get me in the wrong train of thought.

EDIT: Perhaps there should be a new topic opened for songs like this in general? Or we could even open up this topic to all songs, and change the title? There are far too many great tearjerkers out there to let pass under each others' radars.
  7. elvis presley and america, miss sarajevo, please
  8. Done, Matt.

PS. Private message on your way.

9. Why Elvis Presley and America? Crying because its so bad?
  10. October...
  11. oh well there's many moments i found myself with tears during my long life with U2. both happy tears and sad ones.
    i can't remember all for sure.
    i just try to sign some of these relative to concerts.
    slane castle is absolutely full of emotions that make tears fall down .. i'm thinking right now of Out of control, Kite but also Mysterious ways as well .. joyful feelings during this song seeing little Eve enjoy herself and daddy Bono so happy and proud
    Kite in London 2001 .. the end of the concert in Turin 2001 (one of the best ever for me .. the 'we can't go home' concert) when nobody seemed to want go home .. most of all the 4 boys .. ops it appears Elevation tour is quite emotional for me
    in recent times i must say Still haven't found in Milan one year ago .. 80.000 all singing as one .. Unforgettable fire, also from Milan 09, dragged me somewhere in the past with nostalgic feeling
    coming to this year Return of the stingray in Turin .. yes that song for real .. that because seeing Bono on stage for the first time after his surgery and seeing he was in a pretty good shape touched me so much .. as well during Miss Sarajevo hearing what his voice was like.

but there are so many so many ...
  12. i ´m taking hard times and all i can remenber is i must have strength and faith and i'm singing in my head all the time 40, i hope it can help me