1. Yes Marillion were definitely playing with Prog and still do. Not all of it i like. In between some self indulgent nonsense they have really turned out some great music though.
    I think Misplaced Childhood is magnificent. Played it to death here. I knew people who looked down on anything else if it wasn't Prog. What a boring bunch! Life began and ended for them with Prog. Totally locked into just that. Unbelievable. And there really is a world of music out there to tap into.

Indeed to each his own i guess.

Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I used to say the same thing... but then I love Marillion... born from the ashes of - prog.

To each his own. I have the same aversion to jam bands. It's just my adult ADD... after 5 minutes, I tend to drift. And then I can't tell when one song has ended and the next begun...
  2. A song I really should have added to my list previously Eric Clapton- Layla. Truly one of the all time great songs, the full longer version it has to be though. I like some Clapton songs but he isn’t one of my favourite artists overall, however what a guitar player, I could listen to the solo at the end of this one for the rest of my life and never get bored.
  3. Janis Joplin - summertime