1. David Bowie-five years
  2. The Beatles ~ Hey Jude
    The Beatles ~ Tomorrow Never Knows
    The Beatles ~ Let It Be
    The Beatles ~ Helter Skelter

All of music is contained herein...nothing else is needed,,,but if you want prog, it was invented at 1:07 here :
    Cream ~ Badge (Harrison & Clapton so almost Beatles)
  3. Originally posted by Edi:The Beatles ~ Hey Jude
    The Beatles ~ Tomorrow Never Knows
    The Beatles ~ Let It Be
    The Beatles ~ Helter Skelter

All of music is contained herein...nothing else is needed,,,but if you want prog, it was invented at 1:07 here :
    Cream ~ Badge (Harrison & Clapton so almost Beatles)
    No I really don't want prog! Never! An area of music that I cannot take. Marillion are as much of prog I can take and I really do like them.
  4. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    No I really don't want prog! Never! An area of music that I cannot take. Marillion are as much of prog I can take and I really do like them.
    I didn't say it was any good...but bands have based their whole career on 1:07 Badge..
    . The song itself is only 2.22...not Prog length at all !
  5. Originally posted by Edi:[..]
    I didn't say it was any good...but bands have based their whole career on 1:07 Badge..
    . The song itself is only 2.22...not Prog length at all !
    Oh definitely not prog length at all. You'd need reeves of tape to capture all that self indulgent rubbish. Thankfully Punk was around the corner to put that shit right in its place. Loads of people like prog rock but i just can't sit through the nonsense!
  6. U2 - Streets
    Muse - Knights of Cydonia
    Green Day - Jesus Of Suburbia
  7. Well...i Like prog.i just Like it.stop
    There were some bands that really made Great albums
    Like...Gentle Giant...Genesis....Van Der Graaf over all
    B.t.w.a genre not that was to love
    Prog is For...elders.sat on a chair with a pipe...
  8. Originally posted by Fly40:Well...i Like prog.i just Like it.stop
    There were some bands that really made Great albums
    Like...Gentle Giant...Genesis....Van Der Graaf over all
    B.t.w.a genre not that was to love
    Prog is For...elders.sat on a chair with a pipe...
    progressive is a great genre of music, fantastic albums, no chair no pipes, there are masterpieces. Ok the history of music says that these group are of 7oies and 80ies but i know there are many youg persons who listen to that kind of music, i don't agree with you. I saw many concert of progressive groups and i have the complete discography of them.
  9. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    Oh definitely not prog length at all. You'd need reeves of tape to capture all that self indulgent rubbish. Thankfully Punk was around the corner to put that shit right in its place. Loads of people like prog rock but i just can't sit through the nonsense!
    I used to say the same thing... but then I love Marillion... born from the ashes of - prog.

To each his own. I have the same aversion to jam bands. It's just my adult ADD... after 5 minutes, I tend to drift. And then I can't tell when one song has ended and the next begun...
  10. I do have The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway here somewhere on double LPand some early Peter Gabriel/Genesis copies on CD. As for anything else then i just can't listen to it. It annoys me. Self indulgent mostly. Marillion have been tagged into this arena and i can see how some of their music may fit into the genre but well off the mark in others.
  11. Originally posted by bazzzz:[..]
    progressive is a great genre of music, fantastic albums, no chair no pipes, there are masterpieces. Ok the history of music says that these group are of 7oies and 80ies but i know there are many youg persons who listen to that kind of music, i don't agree with you. I saw many concert of progressive groups and i have the complete discography of them.

Surely it's a Great genre.you gotta be a good musician to play it.expecially on drums.well even For the other Instruments.when i day it's For the elders i wanna mean that this kind of music seems to be apprecciated more by "serious" People..intellectual...you Know?....glasses...pipe...
    Cos it's a kind of music that you must listen well.not to be played in the background.if you get what i mean
    Surely underrated.and surely there are many masterpieces.one of My favourite is Van Der Graaf Generator (see pictures).then i Got the classica : Genesis.Gentle Giant.Gong...
    In italy we had a great moment with prog.many good bands.Bazzzz you Know it