1. ISHWILF earlier at work
  2. IMO still an album track that they've never been able to top with a live performance. I love the album version so much.

The only one that comes to mind is the 1993-05-11 performance when Bono improvises an extra verse that's just sublime.
  3. double post
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    IMO still an album track that they've never been able to top with a live performance. I love the album version so much.

The only one that comes to mind is the 1993-05-11 performance when Bono improvises an extra verse that's just sublime.
    I'd say the original JT/Lovetown versions were on par with the album track, and I think this year's version feels a lot closer to the album version in sound than any other - it's really a highlight this year, ISHF often sounds a bit tired to me but that simply isn't the case this year! I wonder if the problem with ISHF live is that the studio version had a fair amount of extra musicianship from the producers as well?
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    IMO still an album track that they've never been able to top with a live performance. I love the album version so much.

Yep, the album version is so good.
  6. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I'd say the original JT/Lovetown versions were on par with the album track, and I think this year's version feels a lot closer to the album version in sound than any other - it's really a highlight this year, ISHF often sounds a bit tired to me but that simply isn't the case this year! I wonder if the problem with ISHF live is that the studio version had a fair amount of extra musicianship from the producers as well?
    I do think that's what it is. There's a lot of subtle atmospheric sort of instrumentation that's going on, plus way more than just two vocal tracks happening in the choruses and later verses. You can pretty much hear Bono, Edge, Brian, Danny, and possibly others throughout the song.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

+1 to the album version and DEFINITELY +1 to the Hungover Rotterdam show What a trainwreck of a version.
  8. That whole show is pure gold. One of my favourites.