1. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:[image]
    "For a while he became the most illustrious hired hand in the business, playing with Paul McCartney, the Pretenders and U2."

Uh, when did Johnny Marr ever play with U2?
    Wanna hear that if it's not a mistake by the writer.
    I think the author is dreaming there.
  2. Yeah, he's worked with many top flight artists, but I don't ever recall hearing of a hookup with U2, unless behind closed doors for something or other.

Maybe the author was muddled up and thinking of Simple Minds as Marr guested with them on 'Summertime Blues' at the Mandela 70th Birthday Tribute Concert in 88 at Wembley.

I saw him surprise guest with the Finn Bros. right after John Peel died, One of those surreal nights.
  3. I thought so, although I'm not as knowledgeable about every obscure detail so I asked.
  4. I love the intro by Dennis Hopper (?) for the Irving Plaza show.

Let's have a warm welcome for, the amazing, the one, the only... U2!

5. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:I love the intro by Dennis Hopper (?) for the Irving Plaza show.

Let's have a warm welcome for, the amazing, the one, the only... U2!

It wasn't Dennis Hopper, he introduced them for the European MTV awards in 1997. I think it was either Matt Pinfield or Will Pindarves from K-ROCK station.
  6. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    It wasn't Dennis Hopper, he introduced them for the European MTV awards in 1997. I think it was either Matt Pinfield or Will Pindarves from K-ROCK station.
    Ah, ok. I thought it kinda sounded like Dennis. That's why I put a question mark as I wasn't sure.

Great intro nevertheless.
  7. Thinking about PopMart Bullet a lot lately.

How much do you want for your soul?
  8. Never Tear Us Apart is one of the best snippets. I really like it in Bad, Tokyo 1998.
  9. I love it with All I Want Is You too. Bono must have been an emotional wreck those months.
  10. Is it bad that I'm looking for flights that fly into terminal 2F of Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris just because U2 filmed the video for Beautiful Day/shot the cover art of ATYCLB there? I'm not even planning on going.
  11. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Is it bad that I'm looking for flights that fly into terminal 2F of Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris just because U2 filmed the video for Beautiful Day/shot the cover art of ATYCLB there? I'm not even planning on going.
    ranks 9 out of 10 in the scale of U2 nerdness
  12. There's a school history trip to Berlin in April and I want to go just because of U2. Yeah the history would be good but "OMG, the Siegessäule = Stay".

I'm obsessed.