1. I just realised Bono sang: There is no them, only us back in 2003
  2. And he sang a Zooropa snippet during Dortmund 2 1989...
  3. No idea where I put this but it fascinated me hugely so here we go.

On Monday morning, I had to travel to a village to meet a guy who used to work as a PR for Virgin Records. Long story short, it was for my university dissertation. He dealt with Culture Club's press for years, was more or less responsible for saving Simple Minds' career, signed heaps of bands like Stereophonics, and worked as a journalist at a few publications after he left school.

Straight to the point, he wrote for a publication called Record Mirror, who were one of big four publications in the UK in the 70s and 80s. He saw U2 in 1979 during their first tour of London at THIS show. Apparently the publication were obsessed with the Three EP that they were sending journalists over to Dublin for interviews, etc. They even put them on the front cover in 1979. The band didn't have a colour photo for the cover so Record Mirror had to put a blue tint over it, as you'll see on the photo when you click on the link.

This guy was telling me he owns photos from what is supposedly the first photo shoot the band ever done and that he is compiling them into a photobook for distribution. He said he would send me a watermarked version at some point, but it's all very interesting to hear about the early flourish of U2 from someone who was actively involved in writing about them.
  4. That's very cool!
  5. I don't know if this is just my thought but:

Bono pulls of most of his sunglasses very well. Us mere mortals would look daft wearing some of his shades? (The Bulgari ones from Elevation being a stand out)...

Is it just me who thinks that?
  6. Originally posted by CraigFairlie:I don't know if this is just my thought but:

Bono pulls of most of his sunglasses very well. Us mere mortals would look daft wearing some of his shades? (The Bulgari ones from Elevation being a stand out)...

Is it just me who thinks that?
    Most of us mere mortals can't afford his shades...