1. I think...there's some pretty negative comments being posted here at the forum since the Houston show, regarding the setlist and, following that, the band itself. People here known as long-time fans go very negative towards the band.

I have nothing against opinions, and I sure want everyone here, including myself, to be free to speak their mind. Always. I don't agree with everything U2 do or don't do, they are no Gods who are unfailable.

But folks, despite everything, we got the tickets and will go to their shows. Deliberately. If you're pi**ed, well go sell your ticket. Do what you want -- but keep all the criticism at a certain level. Again, nothing against anyone's opinion, get me right, please. But... keep a bit of respect towards the band.

Shoot me, no harm intended. Just my U2 thoughts...these days.
  2. Originally posted by MacStripey:I think...there's some pretty negative comments being posted here at the forum since the Houston show, regarding the setlist and, following that, the band itself. People here known as long-time fans go very negative towards the band.

I have nothing against opinions, and I sure want everyone here, including myself, to be free to speak their mind. Always. I don't agree with everything U2 do or don't do, they are no Gods who are unfailable.

But folks, despite everything, we got the tickets and will go to their shows. Deliberately. If you're pi**ed, well go sell your ticket. Do what you want -- but keep all the criticism at a certain level. Again, nothing against anyone's opinion, get me right, please. But... keep a bit of respect towards the band.

3. Originally posted by MacStripey:I think...there's some pretty negative comments being posted here at the forum since the Houston show, regarding the setlist and, following that, the band itself. People here known as long-time fans go very negative towards the band.

I agree. But I also feel we're amongst friends and can vent freely here. I'm still going to church to get my religion... but as a parishioner who has been filling the collection basket for 37 years, I can express (respectfully, mind you) my displeasure at them dropping a die hard fan fave.

No harm intended. All love... #stilltrueblueu2
  4. Oh I say things about U2 here that I wouldn't dream of saying to non-believers but sometimes it needs to be said that's why I say it here !!
  5. Originally posted by treasure:Oh I say things about U2 here that I wouldn't dream of saying to non-believers but sometimes it needs to be said that's why I say it here !!
    Yes. That's what I meant.
  6. I am a U2 fan since 1983/1984. For the moment I am just disapointed the way the band is acting. The idea of playing The Joshua Tree is great. But a part of the songs are not played like the original on the record. My opinion is if you wanted to play your best record play the songs on the way they where original are mentioned. If you can not play the songs by 4 members of u2, don't be to proud, use additional musicians. (guitars, piano, backingvocals).

And a setlist of 21 songs for a band like u2, who has a catalog of more than 30 years is just a big shame! Come guys be proud on your songs and play them for your audience.
  7. Originally posted by ferrari:I am a U2 fan since 1983/1984. For the moment I am just disapointed the way the band is acting. The idea of playing The Joshua Tree is great. But a part of the songs are not played like the original on the record. My opinion is if you wanted to play your best record play the songs on the way they where original are mentioned. If you can not play the songs by 4 members of u2, don't be to proud, use additional musicians. (guitars, piano, backingvocals).

And a setlist of 21 songs for a band like u2, who has a catalog of more than 30 years is just a big shame! Come guys be proud on your songs and play them for your audience.
    21 songs is not enough, that's true!
  8. Guys. Help. I'm trying to impress a 22 year old. Way younger than me. Well not way younger. But still. Which U2 DVD should I should I show him??? I'm thinking Pop because it is my favourite. But Slanebis so good too.
  9. Originally posted by kris_smith87:Guys. Help. I'm trying to impress a 22 year old. Way younger than me. Well not way younger. But still. Which U2 DVD should I should I show him??? I'm thinking Pop because it is my favourite. But Slanebis so good too.
    Could have also put this in the drunk thread...
  10. Originally posted by kris_smith87:Guys. Help. I'm trying to impress a 22 year old. Way younger than me. Well not way younger. But still. Which U2 DVD should I should I show him??? I'm thinking Pop because it is my favourite. But Slanebis so good too.
    Popmart or Zoo TV!
  11. Slane is the obvious choice.