1. Slane or Red Rocks - depending on what they like. It's like two different bands. Arena rock legends on top of the world, or new wave up-and-comers singing for their survival? They both offer appeal. I find the wild passion of Red Rocks pretty stunning myself - for a 22-year-old, maybe seeing U2 when they were his age that might have some real punch.
  2. Originally posted by ferrari:I am a U2 fan since 1983/1984. For the moment I am just disapointed the way the band is acting. The idea of playing The Joshua Tree is great. But a part of the songs are not played like the original on the record. My opinion is if you wanted to play your best record play the songs on the way they where original are mentioned. If you can not play the songs by 4 members of u2, don't be to proud, use additional musicians. (guitars, piano, backingvocals).

And a setlist of 21 songs for a band like u2, who has a catalog of more than 30 years is just a big shame! Come guys be proud on your songs and play them for your audience.

If the truth be known they can't wait to finish this tour and with the shorter sets this could indicate that they are pacing themselves for an explosive SOE tour when that comes about
  3. I might go with Pop. He liked Achtung Baby when I made him listen.
  4. In went with Popmart. He seems to like. He might be a keeper?
  5. Originally posted by georgemccauley:[..]

If the truth be known they can't wait to finish this tour and with the shorter sets this could indicate that they are pacing themselves for an explosive SOE tour when that comes about
    I doubt it
  6. Originally posted by georgemccauley:[..]

That I doubt.... But I hope its true would give them an excuse that I would happily except hahaha
  7. Hmmm interesting I think pop mart is still great, but when I first see it I was like WTF was like that with Zoo TV though with Macphisto, then it became my favourite tour ever so there you go!

I think the 90's tours are great but they have dated a bit if you don't have some context behind them. The Elevation tour DVD's are great because they are kind of timeless IMO (Boston was my gateway to them and I was blown away), but they are also safe/what people think U2 is.... Where as 90s kinda makes people go wow wasn't expecting that.

I would also recommend to at east watch the live bits from R&H like streets, wowy, running, exit, pride etc they are all pretty powerful performances.
  8. I just found this post in another forum, it's 15 years old:

Funny story - I was right in front of the B-stage in 93. I'd met a local girl up against the barrier (romantic!), and things were going just fine. THEN - they do Love Is Blindness, some rock star dude plucks MY new girl out of the crowd and does some corny dance with her! Couldn't believe it! The security guys down the front had a good ol' giggle at my expense. And the girl - well, she was lowered back into the crowd, the gig ended and that was that.

Still can't understand what that guy had over me...

9. Originally posted by hello123:[..]
    Hmmm interesting I think pop mart is still great, but when I first see it I was like WTF was like that with Zoo TV though with Macphisto, then it became my favourite tour ever so there you go!

I think the 90's tours are great but they have dated a bit if you don't have some context behind them. The Elevation tour DVD's are great because they are kind of timeless IMO (Boston was my gateway to them and I was blown away), but they are also safe/what people think U2 is.... Where as 90s kinda makes people go wow wasn't expecting that.

I would also recommend to at east watch the live bits from R&H like streets, wowy, running, exit, pride etc they are all pretty powerful performances.
    Funny you mentioned a bit dated... I (don't ask why) went to see Rascal Flatts a couple of years ago, and I'll swear to this day they were using the Zoo TV screens for their stage set. Thinking they bought it, recycled it, made it their own (I mean, what Rascall Flatts fan will remember an early 90's U2 stage, right?